Update on strength training

So I’ve started doing some rather light strength training every other day.

From previous experience it takes longer for the muscles to recover on these meds, but I’m experimenting with going lighter.

On the push ups I felt strong after my previous exercise, but on the sit ups and plank it felt like I maybe haven’t recovered fully.

I have no idea why this is, maybe it’s because of worse sleep because of the meds.

But I will keep doing it. And I’m glad that I’ve been able to do the push ups every time. Maybe I need longer recovery on the other exercises.

4 Likes

I think you don´t need to fully recover to work out again. You will get over the soreness quicker if you adapt your body to train when you are good, but not fully recovered. 3x a week works very well. Less is not optimal.

3 Likes

Got it. I will need to experiment.

2 Likes

It’s different for people how much rest is needed between sessions. If I’m training the same muscles I can’t train more often than every 3rd day or I risk spraining a muscle even when using light weights.

1 Like

I do push, pull, legs & abs twice a week. 6 Days a week of lifting

but only 3 sets per exercise which makes it easier on the day.

I’m getting fed up with the workouts, but only cos I keep waking up late. It feels better to get the workout done early in the morning.

2 Likes

I think I may have adapted my muscles a bit to working out, cause it seems like I can do pushups easier now without getting tired.

3 Likes

Yup yup, that´s the way!

1 Like

I’m starting to feel stronger I think. Just things like walking outside seems a bit easier.

2 Likes

I usually do about 300 reps every morning but it’s just maintenance. I’ve put on some weight in the last month, so I should do what you guys are doing 3x full workout 2000 or so reps and cardio.

2 Likes

Hmm ok so I’ve been doing strength for about a month. And I don’t find myself getting stronger sadly. (I put on muscle easily before meds)

But I think I’m gonna keep doing it anyway, cause it’s probably healthy anyway.

I used to work out so much. Now a days I mostly just get my workout at work doing construction, also walking and I ride my bike to get around.

2 Likes

damm are you losing fat?

1 Like

Not sure, I can’t see a visible difference in fat. But it’s only been a month.

edit: I’m not getting stronger on either of the exercises I’m doing. I have 2 days rest in between, eat sufficient protein and eat til I’m full.

2 Likes

I’m not sure to be honest. Ivr lost 10 or so pounds these last week’s but my weight is kinda staying the same otherwise. Been floating around 210 for a while. I got to 200, then shot up to 218 now back to 210.

1 Like

Exercise has been a tough one for me. I’ve done it for years with no results. What I’m doing now though is giving myself waaay more rest days in-between and I feel like I found the holy grail.

Example for me past week.

2 rest days
2 workout days with dumbbell/barbell
2 rest days

And probably going to resume tomorrow. Recovery is so important for me cause before I was on meds I hit a burnout in exercise from doing it too much.

A good while ago I went into our weight room and tried to work out like I did when I was 25, and the next day I was so sore I couldn’t put my shirt on. I was limited in movement for a long time.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.