How do you guys deal with paranoia? Lately I feel like everyone is watching me and plotting against me. I’m on my meds and stable, but I just can’t shake the feeling.
@Towering2, I deal with it by talking to my pdoc. He always makes it better with meds.
I get little paranoid with mind readers. I just try cope it keeping my mind happy and relaxed with exercise for now. You might want to try l-theanine to get relaxed about it.
Also look into amyloban 3399 thread. There is at least one user who reported of having less of what you have.
I dont have good ways to cope with it. Sorry. But what i do:
- Only if it gets real bad i take meds to prevent being taken to a ward.
- Sometimes i try to think myself out of it…e.g. by thinking of other times i was so scared and obviously proven wrong. I think: if i was wrong then, i can be wrong now! I have some little things like that which help me.
- I try to ignore my thoughts and wait till it passes, it comes in waves.
- Sometimes i lie in bed (not helpful) or sleep (helpful). Often when i have slept it is better.
- Sometimes i check with others, but this doesnt help me much. I dont believe them anyway.
- Sometimes i just actively go do something: work, work in my house, visit a friend, go into town. It distracts me from scary thoughts.
- I find out what was the ACTUAL reason for my thoughts. Understanding that helps me see why i have the scary thoughts.
If you know you are doing it, I think it helps to tell yourself you are just being paranoid and have a second guess how it might actually be.
Well, if the paranoia is making me physically anxious, I use anxiety calming techniques like focusing on my breathing or wrapping myself in my blanket so it feels like I’m being protected. For nonphysical paranoia, I mostly try to distract myself with something I like.
That said, none of these techniques help if I don’t take my meds. Also, I sometimes get paranoid without having insight until someone brings it up or until I realize sometime after the fact that I was delusional.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.