Trying to stay calm.... panicking on the inside. I think it's hospital time

Everybody discussed ulcers. I wonder if it could be anything else?

…LOL that made me LOL hard

sounds like she needs a holiday , she sounds sleep deprived , and her body and brain needs some nourishment and rest. ( health protien shakes /juices )
i remember one of your posts your sis was stressed out about exams and that can hit you weeks later.
has she considered yoga , it will calm her body and mind.
lavender on her pillow will calm her.
a blood test will show if she is deficient in vitamins and minerals e.g iron and vitamin b’s .
for some one who is only seventeen she is amazing , but must realize she can not heal the world, she must look after her self .
take care

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, James. It is nice to see your sis and your concern for one another.

I thought that ulcers were sometimes traced to a bacterial infection that responded to a specific antibiotic.

I grew up in an alcoholic family. Therefore, because we lived in constant crisis, everything got top priority. It is difficult for me to prioritize as a result. It seems it is time now for your sister to take care of herself. Understandably, she may not be well programmed for such!

I function fine in crisis. It is after a crisis that I fall apart. If your sister is like me in that regard, it might explain why when things are going well with you she feels worse than when you were not dong so well.

Do you guys have a general practitioner that you like or trust?

Jayster

3 Likes

I also think it could be stress. My sister was too stressed out, she ended up in ER with suspected heart attack. She is 32 years old. But all tests were ok. She was only too stressed. 3 kids, studying, working, x-mas. All at once.

A doc should check out her stomach to rule out any other conditions. When I was 15 I lived under huge stress because of school and abusive father. I had constant pain in my stomach. I got pills that neutralize the acid from the doc.

Jayster… This really got me thinking. At her job, (lifeguard) she is so cool headed in a crisis. But when the person is OK and on their way either home or two the hospital and out of her hands, that is when it hits her. It hits her when the person is going to be Ok. Maybe now that I’m doing OK all these long years of looking after me is hitting her.

Thank you for that pondering.

The fast acting parents are taking her in for a full check-up after her shift this morning. She was going to wait until next week or later. But now that Mom and Dad know, they are going to be a little more proactive about this. Blood work and all that will be today.

2 Likes

I feel bad for her, I hope she recovers asap
Doctors say that Anemia might be a cause for Ulcer, it could be better if she gets on an Ulcer diet, I found this link about it and it looks so good
http://www.ulcer-cure.com/index.php/all-about-stomach-ulcers/diets-stomach-ulcers/ulcer-diet.
Best wishes J to u and to your sis.

This is very helpful and informative. Thank you for this. I really do appriciate it. Thank you again. It means a lot to me.

1 Like

Your welcome J, I hope it helps :smile: