Treatment resist Illness

So I’ve tried a lot of meds amisulpride…seroquel.
.in high doses nothing works the screams In my head…the distorted thoughts.I’m such a low functioning schizophrenic sigh

5 Likes

why has nobody replied to this post yet

we’re in the same boat dude

1 Like

hang in there

What are your coping methods?

1 Like

for me it’s music

1 Like

I seem to be the same… meds help a little but don’t stop my hallucinations at all… money is also limiting my options… but ive had months worth of samples of the expensive stuffs and they may help with racing thoughts but still don’t touch my hallucinations…

1 Like

Don’t give up, that probably just means the source of your illness isn’t related to your dopamine levels…they are learning more about different causes of sz every day and maybe someday sooner than you think they will have a better treatment for you that works

2 Likes

I’m in the same situation, tried 5 different ap’s, chlorpromazine gave me emotion back and lifted the fog I could listen to challenges to my experiences, I had a good level of functioning for three years, but they reduced it and I deteriorated they increased it back up but it hasn’t regained its effectiveness, I’m the biggest mess i’ve been since my last break, they’re looking at clozaril now, this all started with side effects but i’ve been experiencing cognitive difficulties to the point my degree has gone down a level, I only have two months left. My voices have stopped narrating and are back to shouting and commanding. I’m scared to come off meds and clozaril not working, but I hope it will. My nurse has wanted me on it for years now, I feel like I am at the end of the road but I’m hoping a bus comes!

2 Likes

Lying down and holding on for dear life as my brain tortures itself

Im treatment resistant too but im thankful my meds half help its better then nothing.
Stick in there man for better treatments.

1 Like

I still have symptoms even on high dose meds. Just hang in there, new meds are coming.

I’m at my childhood home. And I just don’t ever fell at home anymore…i just wanna go home to reality.

1 Like

I’m treatment resistant too

a decade now, i can relate

i do met a girlfriend, we love each other. together for 6 months now. it’s my first real relationship, i have severe negative symptoms and casual paranoia disorder and other ■■■■, i hope i seek recovery urgent

1 Like

Your doing well if you meet a girlfriend good for you man, :slight_smile: have you heard of lu af35700 maybe it will help people like us out will have to wait and see.

1 Like

ill google it Opus thanks