Tired of my mental "routine"

Wake up and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck.

Wait a couple of hours for the torture to get to a manageable level.

Start to feel better.

My unusual beliefs then begin to flare up.

Finally around 9pm I start to feel ok. So I stay up rather than going to bed.

It’s the exact same every day.

All I can do is try to give up coffee again. I seem to remember that helped last time.

Anyway, just venting.

12 Likes

I can relate. You just described my routine more or less. It takes me about an hour and a half every morning to unlock all the joints. Then after I eat dinner, I can’t help but crash for a few hours. Then I’m awake until one or two… Sometimes the whole night. It gets on me sometimes

3 Likes

everhopeful. i am so sorry you are hurting the way you describe.

i always like following your posts.

you’re a special person. i hope you know that.

hugs to you, judy

3 Likes

im the same i get bored from my routing.maybe finding a job would be be better

2 Likes

I can definitely relate. I spend so much time either being depressed or trying to recover from being depressed, it feels like I have no time to actually live. Just the cycle itself is exhausting.

3 Likes

Same here. My mental routine is a little different though. I usually wake up feeling not too bad. But as the day progresses I feel worse and worse until late afternoon I’m a complete mess. At least that’s how it’s been for a while. So sick and tired of it. I feel like I’m on the cusp of almost needing to be hospitalised most days lately. But just not quite bad enough to get proper help for it.

3 Likes

Oh yes the boring routine. Doing the same things over and over. I know about it. I have a good morning, bad the rest of the day, and then fine in the evening.

In my case it’s also something about being winter, and it’s not fun to go for a walk or do active, outdoor things

Hope you find something to energize you. Maybe some exercise when covid is over. Just a suggestion. It works for me.

2 Likes

I know what you mean, but for me the agony starts in the afternoon/evening after I’ve been busy and have worn out. Sorry to hear you feel like this. I hope you can draw some comfort from knowing we’re all in the same boat.

1 Like

You ever tried British style black tea (with/without milk/sugar)? It kinda refreshes my body and I think gives a bit of mind clarity. Might be just me though

2 Likes

That sounds pretty awful.

1 Like

I hate routines but I love routines. Why do I love routines? Because they’re predictable. I know what’s going to happen. As bad as it is, I know what’s going to happen.

I have a routine, and if I did it every day my mental health would decline. So how do I break my routine? I do something different (duh, MentalFloss). I must get out of the house at least 2 or 3 times a week. I’m not going to lie: It scares the crap out of me every time I leave my house. Why? Because I’m paranoid.

All that said, I know in my heart that not knowing something for certain, not having complete control of a situation, is when I feel alive.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.