Getting tired of same routine?

Everyday it’s the same thing! I feel like it’s dragging me into a slumber. Shower, coffee, pills, etc. Does this affect anyone else this way? I just wanna lay in bed all day

8 Likes

I think you need to mix it up. Follow a course, volunteer, exercise, go for a walk, meet up with family/friends. If you always do the same things most people tend to get bored.

6 Likes

I was like that too, I was lying down or sitting all day and didn’t leave the house. What helped me a little were going to the gym twice a week and going to the zoo once a week. I still have anhedonia and avolition, but doing all this has helped to distract my mind.

3 Likes

I agree with the other posts, you need to find more stuff to do.

Getting out the house can do you a lot of good regardless of what it is.
Meeting with family/friends. Going for a walk. Joining a club or class. It doesn’t really matter what it is, but you need to find stuff you enjoy and preferably with other people. Human contact with the right people makes my days a lot more bearable.

2 Likes

When you lie in bed all day you get pressure sores. Maybe try to go to a coffeeshop three times a week. How is your public transport system ? Maybe just drive somewhere. Have you got a drop in centre you can go to ? Talk with your pdoc about it. Maybe go shopping for a read. Like a interesting magazine, book.

4 Likes

Pick up several hobbies. That’s what I did. Now I’m never bored. I got more things to do than time to do them.

3 Likes

My town is so small there’s no gym nor coffee shop all we have is a dollar store. There’s really nothing to do. I’m still paranoid to really be in public.

1 Like

Your options are going for walks. What about getting a motorbike ?

1 Like

I am interested in this conversation because I also get stuck in a rut and end up in bed all morning except for responsibilities like looking after hubby, breakfast, shopping twice a week etc. I read crime novels and have cards to play solitaire, and music to listen to so it does help.

Do you have any hobbies?

1 Like

Yes I have had weeks / months of feeling Iike groundhog’s day (the movie). Each day repeating itself over and over. Only way is to break the cycle and go out. Make a call ( which I don’t ever do), or something else. I choose to take drives sometimes to nowhere but just get out of the house.

1 Like

I cook clean and shower then I have nothing to do to keep my mind busy. I only have grandparents they don’t live near me. So trying to fill the boredom gap is really getting to me.

Do you like reading or art/crafts maybe? Or watching movies? Maybe these could help. Or games like solitaire or scrabble

I think I’m just stuck in blahs. I can’t concentrate to read and waking up to this everyday is depressing. Nothing to do, no one to talk too.

2 Likes

You got this place to come and just pass the day.

2 Likes

Drink a coffee, get hyped, have a shower, pills, breakfast, walk to the park and notice the birds and the color of the grass and the sky.

Just observe all the little things in life.

3 Likes

Thanks e1 for your support! @Jonathan2 @LevelJ1 @Kxev @Hadeda @SkinnyMe @Dunno3x

2 Likes

Things in my daily weekday schedule: check this forum, make coffee, take morning pills, eat breakfast and/or lunch, make dinner, spend time with Hubby in the evening, take nighttime pills

Sometimes, I try to switch things up. I might do some household chores. I might take the doggo for a walk, I might play a game, I might try to read a manga, or I might work on my crocheting or knitting.

But sometimes the anhedonia and avolition are really bad, so I just look at memes all day and drop into this forum to check-in on what’s happening.

Things in my weekend schedule: Saturdays and Sundays are a bit random. My husband is off work on Saturday (usually) and Sunday. So, we usually try to do something fun, like going to the aquarium. We also do house maintenance. Sometimes,we’ll go to a restaurant or just walk around the mall.

4 Likes

So it’s normal to get stuck in this rut? I really don’t have the energy to do much, just waking up and knowing you gotta do it all over again it’s cumbersome.

1 Like

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think getting stuck in a rut is very common for us with Sz or SzA. I’ve had such phases of hardly being able to shower and I just felt incapable of doing anything enjoyable.

But try to stay positive. I went a long time with no hobbies. But I was eventually able to find a couple of new things that I really like. Although, the last few days, I haven’t been able to work on my hobbies. But that’s just how things are sometimes, for us.

Try not to dwell on it. You could try out new hobbies, maybe walk around the crafts store and see if anything jumps out at you.

But even if you can’t do any hobbies, you can do little things to look forward to in the morning. I look forward to my coffee. Do you like exercises, like lifting weights or doing yoga? Maybe you could look forward to that in the morning? I’m just throwing things out there.

This rut won’t last forever. Just have hope and just tackle it one day at a time.

3 Likes

The rut is - you can’t enjoy anything. That’s the problem with SZ. Normal people enjoy their routine. They get to enjoy making coffee, they feel rewarded doing things everyday things. I feel the same. I think we have to make extra effort to even get us to do the things we need to do.

But just try to enjoy that coffee and breakfast. Just take a moment to sip and let yourself say this is nice cup of coffee. Read some blogs or websites that interest you everyday.

2 Likes