Tips to get rid of anxiety without meds?

Anyone got any?

I just cant seem to shake my anxiety its starting to destroy me and i dont want to take benzos or any crap like that…

Please can u give me some ideas

:heart::heart:

3 Likes

Excercise…

3 Likes

I had severe anxiety and I beat it by ignoring it and focusing on something I could stare at or feel in my hands…like a polished rock or something. also focus on slow breathing. go somewhere and lie down and close your eyes and try not to move any muscle in your body and just let your mind be blank. good luck…it’s hard work overcoming anxiety.

5 Likes

Yea thanks for the tips.

Excersize is a good one i just wish i could do it more frequently

Yea i will try the senses @jukebox

:heart:

3 Likes

Honestly, what works the best is playing with my dogs. My little one is not well and I just love him down to the bottom of my core. To see him happy when I know he will get worse…gives me pleasure in the here and now

4 Likes

Dont have idea…!!! Sorry walla fish…!!!

2 Likes

Some things I do to calm down are:

Put an ice pack on the back of your head. This will cool down your brain and reduce activity in your limbic system, where emotions happen.

Do a task with simple, clear steps. I like baking. I follow the recipe, and it’s easy enough that I don’t get frustrated, but it requires enough concentration that I don’t have room to think about other things. Cleaning also helps.

Engage your five senses. This will remind you what is real and what isn’t. Listen to soothing music. Smell something pleasant, like an essential oil. Suck on a hard candy. Look at pictures of things you enjoy. Feel something with an interesting texture, like a piece of Velcro or a stress ball.

Try to levitate something with your mind. You obviously won’t succeed, but it gets you to focus all of your attention on a single point outside your body, instead of on your thoughts. I like to use this on airplanes or in public places, because it doesn’t require you to move at all. It looks like you’re just daydreaming to observers.

3 Likes

Oh, my dunking your entire head in ice…

1 Like

my favorite technique is to hold and slowly drink a cup of a warm beverage.
breathing is also helpful. should be number one actually.
hope this helps :black_heart:

1 Like

Beta Alanine.

Take 2 of these in the morning

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Sports-Beta-Alanine-750-mg-120-Capsules/13949

I don’t use this brand myself though. But I use another brand of beta alanine. And it gets rid of my anxiety for the whole day.

I don’t know what the long term effects of it are so if you use it do so at your own risk !

1 Like

If you’re withdrawing you might feel agitation and anxiety for some time. How I deal with anxiety is that I talk with a Psychologist or lifeline, I go for a walk. When I was younger I would do a lot of exercise and it was great. Nutrients and vitamins can help a lot. Meditation, breathing excercises, aromatherapy, massage etc can all help with anxiety. Juggling can help too.

It’s a pity that so many of the things that help with anxiety aren’t really very affordable though.

1 Like

A pet. Since I’ve had my dog my anxiety has gone down immensely

3 Likes

Yeah what @jukebox said about deep breathing and lying down still and blanking your mind.

3 Likes

Last time I was inpatient, I learned some mindfulness techniques. One was to focus on one task, like naming everything you can think of that’s red, or blue, or square, or whatever, just choose a trait and focus on it.

Another one was counting backward from 100 in 7’s (or 3’s or 4’s or whatever). That one tends to frustrate me more than help, but maybe it could help you if you try it?

Good luck, anxiety SUCKS!

1 Like

And before trying a new supplement, always CALL YOUR DOCTOR to make sure it won’t interact with your current meds!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.