Thinking of going off meds....again

Really thinking of going off meds so I can talk to my voices to try and prove that they are not real.

I have been getting messages by way of others posts for the past two months now.
This happens instantly when I open the say anything thread, it lands on a random post which is relevant to my thoughts at that moment.

Everybody says it is a glitch but it has been happenening continuously for the past two months.

So my thinking is by quitting meds il find out for sure. Thoughts?

Don’t go off your meds youll become very ill

2 Likes

You need to speak to your psychiatrist and tell them everything you’ve been telling us. They’ll hopefully tweak your meds or maybe even switch you to something better.

4 Likes

So is it real or not?

How are you anyway?

I’m okay now : /

1 Like

Stay on dude, you’ve just stabilized a bit. Don’t want to waste it now. Wait a year or 2

1 Like

Why what will happen In a year or two? Are the voices real?

No it’s recomended to stay on the meds for at least two years after a psychosis. Might be for life as well

2 Likes

So it was a psychosis I went through?

Yes 151515151515.

1 Like

Please don’t quit meds.

2 Likes

Bump 15155151551

The voices are a symptom of the illness if you go off th meds the voices will seem real. If you start recovering you’ll spend less time thinking about the voices and they won’t mean anything. Don’t go off meds but if you made up your mind do so under supervision of psychiatrist

1 Like

I was thinking about that I think they’d convince me that it was all real again

Exactly. Or you would start seeing signs in real life that they are real which is just your brain making connections where there’s nothing due to the illness. What medication you on? Haven’t been on the forum for a while but still remember you

1 Like

I’m on risperidone 6mg, works for the voices. I’m not sure just the temptation to find out for sure is a lot, I get reassured by something I asked them to do when I was hearing them which was to turn up the volume, they couldn’t which I felt meant they weren’t real, I had little victory’s like that towards the end of hearing them which makes me think I could disprove their reality again

I can remember getting off the ap’s and resolving to hold myself together. I was going to talk back to those delusions and see them as the figments of my imagination that they really were. It never worked. I always ended up with a visit to the mental hospital.

1 Like

I just lowered dose to 2.5mg from 3mg risperidone. Risperidone works well. Just hate the sexual side effects and weight gain. 6months time if all good lowering to 2mg. Will stay there for a year then if all good speak to my doctor to lower to 1.75 and then six months later 1.5mg. I was on a ability risperidone mix and only relapse when they took away the risperidone but think might be able to cope with 1mg but taking it slow in terms of lowering dose.

2 Likes

Coming off your meds is a terrible idea.
Speak to your doctor about different options.
Stopping your meds is not a viable option.

2 Likes