They’re admitting me

I don’t want to go… my mom lied to them again

I’m gonna escape I guess

1 Like

Fugitive Cristal-cotton. Sounds good. Just take your meds. Work with the staff and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Yeah they are ordering an ambulance because the criteria for involuntary admission apparently exists

Also, they want to medicate me :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m scared what they will do

1 Like

Just follow their instructions, you’re in it now. Just ride it out.

1 Like

You’ve been there before. You can handle it. They are just going to offer you meds and maybe therapy. You got this!

1 Like

But what if they overmedicate me? They’re probably going to give me the injection and I don’t want it!

1 Like

Tell them you want pills because you’re worried that if there’s a bad side effect the shot won’t leave your system for months. I got injected once when I was admitted and the side effects were terrible for almost 6 months. Just cooperate but insist on pills instead of injection, that’s my advice. Good luck.

4 Likes

If you can reason with them, then you’re not in any trouble. Just get away from your mom, and then calm down, and tell them that you would like them to wait before administering an injection. That you will accept taking an increased oral dose.

3 Likes

They are going to try to find the least effective dose. That might be high for the time being. I don’t think you have a choice but to accept it.

1 Like

But why high dose if I’m not even delusional

Yeah I will cooperate to my best

2 Likes

They are going to trust that your mom isn’t a bad actor, at worst they administer medicine, you want to be in control and not suffer from a high dose injection, then you will need to comply and take the better alternative.

This is bureaucracy now, nothing you can do. Work with the system. Say that you need housing and transportation support to become independent of your abusive mom. Make a formal report of abuse.

When I was in hospital the paper said “Denies hearing voices”. They will decide if you’re delusional or not.

I guess you’re right. Hopefully they will just administer the Abilify pills and nothing else like haloperidol or ativan

Yeah it said ”denies having other delusions or hallucinations” for me

2 Likes

What happens if they want to restrain me?

1 Like

Now on the ambulance smh

1 Like

If you’re not being agressive and cooperate there is no reason to restrain you. They could also restrain you if you try to escape.

1 Like

They’ll only restrain you if you act violently. They’ll only sedate or give you too many antipsychotics if you’re delusional.
Just be reasonable. You probably do need the meds.
If you’re being admitted it’s probably because you ARE delusional and can’t tell okay?

1 Like