The Weight Loss Thread

Apparently it’s like that on seroquel too. I read a article that with anti psychotics you gain weight without any calorie intake

3 Likes

I’ve been on my diet for two days and I already lost one pound. I’ve been hungry so I’ve gone over the 1200 calories a bit each day and still lost. I think the last time I tried to just eat 1200 calories my metabolism just shut down. But I’m still trying it with the slimfast to see if that helps. I feel like it’s working. I have more energy this time and am being more active so that’s good. I’ve decided I don’t like the cappuchino flavor though. It’s a good thing I only bought one case of that. Mostly I bought chocolate, which is my favorite. The vanilla is pretty darn good too and is nice for a change.

We have family visiting for the next few days and they always want to go out to eat pizza and chinese food. It’s going to be hard not to get derailed but I’m going to try. I’m trying to decide if I want to partake in the pizza and chinese and eat micro amounts for my one meal or do I stick with my big salad and just let them go out to eat without me? I’m out of salad stuff and would have to go to the grocery store, which I hate. But I think for the calories I would be able to have like one piece of pizza and like a tiny little serving of chinese food. I think I’m better off getting the salad stuff, don’t you think?

3 Likes

All I did was switch to sugar free. :frog::frog::frog:

4 Likes

I’m in the waiting room for the doctor seeing if he will put me on meds to lose weight, wish me luck!

5 Likes

I’ve lost 5kg, but I keep regaining them. I can’t afford to eat healthier, and my schedule doesn’t allow me to have several small meals a day.
I’m a bit frustrated, but I’m glad I managed to lose he weight, and I hope it continues.
I’m currently at 98kg.

4 Likes

I think you could have salad with a piece a pizza :pizza: just eat the salad first and then maybe one piece a pizza will be satisfying
I know I can eat half a large pizza by myself
But if I eat a big salad before the pizza I don’t binge the pizza :pizza:

5 Likes

I’m so mad right now, the nurse or whoever assists the doctor asked me about my shoulder and says the doctor probably can’t see me about losing weight. I don’t know what my mom said when she scheduled this but I took off work for this and everything and ugh I am so pissed.

3 Likes

That’s a bummer. Can you reschedule and tell them it’s a visit specifically about weight options

2 Likes

I guess I will have to, I am just trying to not be mad right now but it’s whatever, always something.

2 Likes

sounds like a mis communication maybe once everybody gets on the same page it will work out

3 Likes

down 22 pounds since late april started using myfitness pal may 5th hoping i will be able to continue losing weight as im like 140 pounds away from my goal weight

5 Likes

That’s encouraging to me because when I read these success stories I gain more confidence that I can do it too one pound at a time

4 Likes

I forgot to weigh myself this morning but, yesterday, I was up 2 lbs. It’s very frustrating going up and down 2 lbs. every day.

2 Likes

Probably just water weight

4 Likes

So my prolactin is up and the doctor wants to recheck it as well as testosterone and I believe thyroid. I am also supposed to see a dietician and he didn’t ok any diet pills because I was 27 BMI which is barely overweight. I just wish he could have went with the pills, I am not looking forward to changing my diet, I count calories and eat decent food I just don’t want to have to mix all the green food into my diet heavily.

I am not too happy about this all but at least I forced him to talk about weight loss instead of the shoulder pain that I have that somehow got brought up. I could be doing much worse though so I will complain no longer.

Everyone enjoy your weekend, I get my kids soon woohoo!

5 Likes

I have to watch my diet to see if my weight is not going up …I haven’t exercised much but watch my intake of sugar and carbs

3 Likes

@Qirat me too. Why does sugar and carbs have to taste so good. Ugh I want a massive plate of Mac n cheese soooo bad :joy:

3 Likes

I bought this today and I’ve tried for a few minutes. I can’t wait to start exercising again tommorow. I figure I should do at least 10 min a day.

And eat just two meals wich I already do, and 2-3 snacks in between.

Good luck to everybody trying to loose weight

8 Likes

Totally water weight, food in your digestive tract etc. Completely normal.

Daily weight fluctuation is normal. The average adult’s weight fluctuates up to 5 or 6 pounds per day. It all comes down to what and when you eat, drink, exercise, and even sleep.

I usually fluctuate 2 pounds or so.

3 Likes

I was adding all the ingredients of my salad into myfitnesspal.com and my totals were off the chart. I was like no way am I eating this salad, it’s not worth it. Then I finally realized the system had a glitch and was doubling everything. Lol. I had to calm down to eat my stupid salad. But I got everything typed in and added my slimfast for dinner tonight and viola, exactly 1200 calories. If I’m starving to death I’ll cheat and eat some fruit or an extra slimfast which will put me at 1400. Which is about what I’ve been doing so far on this diet, 1200 is really hard, I get hungry.

2 Likes