The Weight Loss Thread

I have gained over seven kg from this time last year.
I had a good weight this time last year .
I was not eating much I ate belvita breakfast biscuits for breakfast weightwatchers bar for lunch lots of coffee and whatever I want for dinner including fried food.
I was not exercising then.

Exercise does not make me lose weight.
Exercise makes me gain weight.

As soon as I started exercising I put on weight as I started eating more and craving food more strongly.

Now I have been letting myself eat chocolate and ice cream etc and the bad thing is I eat the whole chocolate.not just a bit but all of it.
Like I was with alcohol.no stop.

I am almost a full blown vegan and am in the process of becoming vegan but there are vegan biscuits and vegan Icecreams etc

Now that Iā€™m exercising three days a week I want to eat more and I donā€™t want to be to strict on myself but I still want to lose some weight.

Although I noticed my taste in woman is different than the body I expect of myself.
Woman I am attracted to seem to have s normal body weight or be a bit chubby.

My x had a biiiig belly and I thought he is so beautiful just as he is.
He has long hair down past his waist.
Great looking tattoos etc

I might have a normal bmi.
I am a size 10 but itā€™s getting tight.
My jeans are really tight on me now and if this keeps going they will soon not fit me.

I always used to be smaller except on medicationā€¦
I put on over twenty four kg on olanzapine but now Iā€™m on latuda I have gained weight but not that much thankfully.

3 Likes

@Leaf Donā€™t be too hard on yourself. 1200 calories is a challenge. I stay between 1200-1400, but the Zyprexa is suppressing my appetite, so itā€™s easier for me. Maybe make 1400 your goal and allow yourself a tiny bit extra in your day. If you feel deprived, itā€™s not going to be a long-term change. Take gentle care of yourself. If the weight takes a tiny bit longer to come off, so be it, but donā€™t starve yourself.

I had to laugh at your salad story. I have had Sparkpeople give me the same glitch. I scroll to the bottom of the screen where my totals are, and freak out. I just have to delete the doubles and Iā€™m right where I need to be. It does become second nature after a while to know how to stay in your ranges. You will get there, I believe in you.

4 Likes

Congratulations! Youā€™re doing good @Leaf.

3 Likes

Thank you very much @anon39736208 . lol Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one with the glitch. And thank you @SkinnyMe youā€™re a doll, soon Iā€™ll be doing yoga like you and that will help bunches.

3 Likes

im like 218 id like to be around 200 im like 6ft 3 though so im probably in a normal range, im just used to being very athletic build

4 Likes

I feel like a mom in the 90s but Iā€™m doing weight watchers. Iā€™ve gone from 205 to 200 and Iā€™m hoping to get back to 170. Iā€™m pretty tall so Iā€™m barely overweight. My meds do constantly make me hungry though, and it is definitely a struggle.

3 Likes

I am soooo proud of everyone!! Eating better and exercising are hard to do!! Today I ate out, and I was disappointed. I was too busy thinking to take the time to make dinner at home. But itā€™s worth it to not eat out - unnecessary calories!

Iā€™m down 9 lbs! I keep trying to jog, but Iā€™m just so heavy! So Iā€™m walking one mile each day! Itā€™s hard to believe I used to run eight miles!

5 Likes

Just checking in, down to 217 today. Breakfast was a protein bar, lunch was a low-fat quesadilla, and dinner was cod with Brussels sprouts

2 Likes

Good luck everyone! Itā€™s a struggle but so worth it.

I lost a lot of weight last year but gained it all back plus more since starting my fast food job back in January. I blame runaway snacking. I want to lose again but not in a way that triggers my eating disorder symptoms to return, which will be tricky.

4 Likes

I started my diet on june 5 at 240lbs or 109kg, its the 9th and I just weighed 237lbs or 107.5kg at the same time of day (upon rising) so I lost a few, Yeah me. I know itā€™s too soon to tell, but at least itā€™s not going up.

Yesterday I was taken out to lunch by an out of town guest. I ordered an small salad with grilled chicken. Later in the day I went to a baby shower and only had a small bit of a 7 layer dip, no sweets. Plus I did my slimfast. Went I entered everything into my calorie counting app I still had calories left over to have an apple as a snack. I was proud of myself for making good choices even though I could have easily let the special occasions throw me off track.

I also went for a walk around the loop in our complex. Iā€™ll do it again today.

Good job everyone. We can do this a little each day and one day we will look back and see how far weā€™ve come.

2 Likes

Great job @Ooorgle!

@antidepressant044
Oh Iā€™m so sorry you struggle with an eating disorder! That is TERRIBLE! I spent months in inpatient and residential recovering from one! I hope you can lose the weight in a healthy, sustainable way!

@Leaf
That is AWESOME! You made GREAT choices!! Thatā€™s really hard work!! Youā€™re going to do great!

1 Like

Whooo Hooo. I finally hit under 100kgs this morning. Just got to keep it off and keep up what Iā€™m doing. Very pleased to reach my first goal. Itā€™s been a long process but feeling really good and itā€™s worth it!

11 Likes

I lost 2 lbs. this am. Down to 157.6 Only 7 more lbs. to go.

3 Likes

Very good @rogueone. Keep it up!

2 Likes

I have lost one pound since last year. gained 70 pounds on risperidal :grimacing: now on invega

Thatā€™s encouraging! Congratulations :confetti_ball::bangbang:

2 Likes

@rogueone You are an inspiration to me. Another person losing weight on Zyprexa. Keep up the good work, and congrats!

3 Likes

So far Iā€™ve been eating one ā€œnormalā€ meal a day and my weight is up 5 pounds :disappointed: I hate my body :disappointed_relieved:

I donā€™t know how to lose weight without going hungry. Iā€™m at 178 right now, 150 is my target but I liked myself back when I never was a pound over 135. Iā€™m 5ā€™11" and the heaviest I got was 195 on Seroquel. Nearing 200 scared me off, I changed meds and cut out junk food. My face started to get fat at that weight, I have a driverā€™s license photo from being 195 and Iā€™m embarrased by it.

I eat so little already. Granted itā€™s not the healthiest food but I canā€™t eat any less or Iā€™d be hungry.

Try joining MyFitnessPal or Sparkpeople and entering your goals into their algorithm to see what calorie range you should be targeting. That will give you a better idea of how to structure your nutrition. One meal a day is too little. Eating too little can do just as much damage as eating too much. You donā€™t want your metabolism to shut down.

I donā€™t cook from scratch either. I eat a lot of peanut butter sandwiches, Morningstar Farms black bean burgers, Loma Linda chipotle bowls (soy based, comes in pouches where you buy the canned stews and foods like that), Tasty Bite Indian meals (come in pouches in the international foods aisle), and frozen chicken tenders. I eat Clif Bars, granola bars, instant oatmeal, and belVita breakfast biscuits.

None of that is hard to make, even though it could be less processed. Itā€™s working so far. I donā€™t eat hardly any fruits and vegetables - they always rot before I get to them - so my diet could stand some improvement too. Iā€™m losing weight though, so Iā€™m not arguing.

1 Like