Schizophrenia.com

The weight loss thread 2

I need to get back on track, too. It’s extra hard right now, though, because there’s just not much for available at the grocery stores.

1 Like

I know. I’ve got an unhealthy meal planned. It’s a creamy tuna pasta with half and half because I knew the store would have the ingredients

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve definitely made the change. I changed how I ate in August/September and have mostly been eating whole foods, just produce and unprocessed meats since then. But now I’ve slowly been adding in cheeses and coconut milk and now yogurt and a lot of frozen fruit for smoothies and almonds for almond butter. Ugh. I need to cut a lot out again because I’m getting more sugar than I would prefer. But it’s definitely been a lifestyle change that I’m very happy I made.

2 Likes

Good for you. I’m still working on that mindset. I’ll get there.

1 Like

I found it easier with a drastic change. All or nothing for a bit. If I allowed myself to have some I wouldn’t resonate myself very well. But no grains except corn was a much easier mindset to hold onto to.

2 Likes

Porridge
Stew with soda bread
Dinner
Bowl of cereal
Beer and potatoe chips

Here are the metrics that my treadmill posted.

1 Like

Both my thighs and hamstrings were sore from yesterday’s cardio exercise so I took it easy today.

Porridge
Dinner
Apple pie with custard
Toast
Two sweets

I’m 5 ft. 8.5 in. and female and I’m staying between 159 and 161 lbs. I’m happy with that. That’s a normal BMI for me. I simply can’t get down to 150 lbs. no matter what I do so, I give up on that dream. Even if I eat rock bottom calories, that won’t allow me to get down to 150 lbs., so that should tell me something. That’s just an unrealistic goal.

I’ve been listening to an Intuitive Eating meditation on InsightTimer.com and on it, they say that you should eat according to whether or not you are hungry. They also say you should eat according to whether or not the food in question is delicious, nutritious, and moderate in amount. Has to meet all those criteria. I’ve been eating that way recently and I’ve been keeping my weight between 159 and 161 lbs.

People say that I look good at this weight. So, I’m perfectly happy.

1 Like

I’ve been doing intermittent fasting on a 14-10 schedule since last Thursday, in addition to counting my calories. So far I’ve lost 2 lbs.

It is really, really difficult. Every night and day during the fast I am STARVING. So achingly hungry my body acts like I haven’t fed it in weeks or ever. It’s ridiculous…I literally ate dinner at like 8 pm and you’re telling me that I’m dead starving just 5 hours later? Jeez. Anyways I am doing my best to stick with this this time. I’ve just accepted that if I want to lose weight and be healthy I have to be hungry, since I don’t want to work out. That’s just what it comes down to.

Good! You are a healthy weight and that is what is important!

Unfortunately the eat when you’re hungry deal isn’t effective for everyone, for example when my hormones were messed up from my IUD it made me starving every hour! I gained almost 60 lbs!! Even after I got it removed it still took a lot of training on my part to push my eating to be every 3-4 hours. I still have not lost the weight :pensive:

1 Like

My name is Longhorn I way 180 pounds I’m 5’8 but I’m more muscle than fat. I’m figured out my BMI in a while. Since I’ve had to put a hold on working out due to my arthritis I except to gain more weight again

1 Like

I think I’ve hit my limit for now as I try to break the 7km barrier.

4 Likes

I gained two pounds. Not good.

But I’m going to try and lose them if I can.

3 Likes

I’m maintaining my weight around 180. I’m ok with it.

2 Likes

I didn’t get round to skipping today.

I will try tomorrow morning.

My weight is about 77kg at 166cm.

I need to change my diet again, this one ain’t working.

2 Likes

Porridge
Two slices of potatoe bread and a slice of toast
Dinner
Milky Way
Pringles
One chocolate

My thighs were sore today from yesterday’s brutal run so I did a 5 kilometer walk instead. This is the first time I did a 5K workout exercise on my new treadmill. More than likely, my time to complete 5K will improve. I look forward in attempting a 10K run.

4 Likes