The Mentally Ill Are More Likely to Be Abused by Law Enforcement

5 Likes

Oh I believe it

1 Like

I believe it. I had my experience where I was beaten by police.

1 Like

ive had some odd experiences with them.

1 Like

I subscribe to that. I was myself beaten up.

1 Like

I was never beaten up but I was threatened to get beaten up by a male and female police officer.

1 Like

I believe it. I had one police officer completely lie to me about assault and told me I wasn’t assaulted when I was. When I looked up examples of assault - the example was literally what happened to me. She even annoyed that I was challenging her on it and asked her how she’s defines assault “thats not my job” etc. It was ridiculous. It left a really bad impression of the police and while I probably would call them in an emergency I am much less likely to cooperate with them.

1 Like

Truth.

Provocations over and over plus very aggressive whilst totally incompetent to me.

Point 3 because of point 1 perhaps.

2 Likes

The question I ask me now is why ?

Peer pressure ?

Because of no success in their job ?

2 Likes

I think it varies. I think some people go into such fields because they enjoy power over vulnerable people.

I think others are just scared. Because we act odd. And they find that scary and unpredictable. Even if we do nothing. I’ve even noticed my rabbit stamp its foot or dogs bark when I am psychotic. So I think both humans and animals get scared because they sense something is off.

People have gotten violent with me when I was catatonic. Just sitting there. And then after, they would say I was the threat. When I thought: you beat me up. I said or did literally nothing! But I think people sometimes attack when they are frightened. Over odd behaviour.

3 Likes

That’s horrible to be attacked while catatonic.
I’ve been dominated hatefully while catatonic unable to speak or move and no threat.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.