The dumbest thing you wore as a teenager

Yeah they kept getting unclipped and falling everytime I moved. Hated them.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t think anybody could notice.

Iā€™ve never really cared about fashion. There was nothing I wore that Iā€™m ashamed of.

1 Like

The clip kind are awful. I prefer button fasteners.

1 Like

The shirt Iā€™m wearing right now I owned since i was 19 years old but I donā€™t think itā€™s the dumbest thing I wore ever. Maybe a Tupac shirt that said thug life I wore once lmfao but the guy who sold it to me thought I was cool for buying it.

1 Like

The famous speedo back in the day lol what was I thinking :crazy_face: :joy: :scream:

3 Likes

jnco jeans are amazing lmao. they still sell them online

2 Likes

Sean John shirts. A banana costume.

2 Likes

I wore parachute pants sometimes in junior high.

1 Like

cross colours. iā€™m not rastafarian or black for that matter

1 Like

A dress so short if I bent slightly my butt cheeks would show.

2 Likes

I hated my big poofy hair in high school.
What do you expect, it was the 1970s early 80s

5 Likes

Parachute pants and Z Cavariccis. It was the 80s.

I also had a mullet

2 Likes

Two things come to my mind. Well three, including bell bottoms. I mean the whole country wore them so I guess they werenā€™t stupid but seeing old videos of people wearing them in the seventies they look a little weird.

But one thing I used to wear as a teenager was I used to wear a vest. It was a Levi vest that my mom got for me. I was a little leery of it at first, not many people in my neck of the woods wore them. But I grew to like it, it was cool. It had multiple pockets I could carry my weed in and all my paraphernalia. My pipe which I always had on me and a roach clip and some papers or when I sold joints at lunch I could cram a bunch of dollar bills in there.

The other thing was that I used to wear a thermal underwear top as a regular shirt, not covered up. In fact, I wore thermal underwear with my vest over it.

3 Likes

I used to wear a fake gold peace symbol on a chain around my neck. I had long hair so I also used to walk around wearing a head band.

I just remembered my army jacket. I had a real army jacket that I got from a thrift store or someone gave me. I think I got it in seventh grade and wore it a couple of years. Nowadays, they might call that ā€œstolen valorā€.

1 Like

Definitely JNCO jeans.

1 Like

When I was going through my anarchist punk phase I wore a lot of Army clothes and military boots.

I suppose my wardrobe from that era could be more embarrassing. :laughing:

Eta: I hope I didnā€™t come across as insulting to the Army uniform. It just looked funny on me, because my uncle was a Green Beret, and I wore his bduā€™s with all these badass badges on them. Looking back it was totally inappropriate.

2 Likes

Charcoal eyeliner, tons and tons, upper and lower lids

Thigh highs with short skirts

I had this long sleeved black shirt that was translucent with a cobweb design, which I used to wear under short sleeves

A pair of red plaid ska pants that I COVETED and wore with a spiky belt.

I wanted a pair of JNCOs but they were too expensive. I remember having to borrow money to buy the plaid pants.

Actually the spooky spider shirt is really the only one I regret. :smile:

3 Likes

Hey! It was the late 1970ā€™s!

Stoner jacketā€¦

With wide bottom jeansā€¦

Tucked into my Kodiak Work Bootsā€¦

2 Likes

I had a baggy Jean phase that Iā€™m not proud of. Yuck! I went in looking like some punk every day in 10th grade. :confounded:

1 Like

I wore bell bottom jeans and an afro which was naturally curlyā€¦it was hugeā€¦and hilarious now that I think of itā€¦

1 Like