• making life seem stupid /meaningless / ruined
  • ruined family and social relationships
  • economic hardship
  • psychological trauma
  • mortifying / embarrassing experiences
  • violent incidences by or to szs
  • other
0 voters

Pick up to three options to help decide the generally most dysfunctional aspect of schizophrenia that is basically its least convenient feature

3 Likes

This totally depends upon the person. IMO, if you cant solve positives, they are the biggest problem. For me its negatives, but only because my positives are under control.

2 Likes

Hard for me to choose. They all suck imo lol

1 Like

I’m one of those guys who had only one episode, was never in a mental institution, was never adjudicated insane; and, yet, still must put up with the suspicion and intolerance of people who misinterpret the medical diagnosis “schizophrenic.” At one time, if a person had one episode and recovered, they called it a nervous breakdown. Not now. I think some of it is how much people are influenced, and don’t realize they are influenced, by fictional movies, or in this case fictional movies about fictional crazy people.

So, I rate the suspicion and intolerance of others as a big factor, in my case. I eventually got on a very low dose of medication for about 11 years now; but, before that, I saw “negatives” as a big issue.

2 Likes

you must have taken medication from first psychosis

1 Like

Yes. I had family around me who convinced me to voluntarily take my medication.

1 Like

I took a slightly different path

2 Likes

I use to have horrible negatives but it’s mostly positives now. In my case the stress is the killer …I think

3 Likes

Would have liked to have seen positives broken out as a choice.

2 Likes

i should have put psychosis atleast

1 Like

My annoying aliens agree.

1 Like

For me marked executive functioning difficulties, especially when it comes to planning and organising anything . Prioritising the steps to take in multistep tasks is a major Achilles’s heel.

2 Likes

It’s really hard to focus on one topic. That’s the worst. My head is constantly disturbed :frowning:

1 Like

For me it’s just being responsible. Taking my medication. Keeping my thoughts and feelings under my control. Working towards being as active as I can each day mentally or physically or both.

2 Likes

For me, I think the biggest problem is not working or getting a job. I don’t know why. I have limited motivation and fear, I guess. Fear of failure and fear of trying. I also don’t like smelling, being fat, and having cognitive decline. I cannot do what I used to or enjoy. But I am not resilient or have grit, I guess…

1 Like

Negatives for me, and intrusive thoughts.

I just wanna do stuff with my day but I’m always depressed and find it hard to start activities.

I feel like it’s all my fault that I can’t get things done, and don’t give negatives enough responsibility for it. Maybe I should and that would ease the frustration.

1 Like