Td is so annoying

Sick of my head bobbing and stuff. And my arm shaking. I’m pretty sure both are td. Even tho the arm shaking came from zoloft. Not an antipsychotic?? So maybe it is something else than td. But it’s annoying.

There are two FDA-approved medicines to treat tardive dyskinesia:

• Deutetrabenazine (Austedo)
  • Valbenazine (Ingrezza)

I will ask for one on Friday. Sick of this fn ■■■■

7 Likes

Did you contact your doctor about this?
He/She should know about it right away

1 Like

Yes I’ve told her many times she prescribed me cogentin. But I didn’t think it was the right med I didn’t pick it up. And it started a huge fight with my mom and my dad a lil too. It was very frustrating. But I figured I’d just wait till my appointment Friday now idk it’s a bad situation my pdoc isn’t the best

1 Like

I’m sorry @Jonnybegood
I hope that you get your TD resolved soon

1 Like

It’s from abilify. Which doesn’t cause td much. But after 7-8 years caused td. Maybe she takes it less seriously because I’m on abilify not know to cause td much.

1 Like

Abilify caused me some EPS issues.
TD is possible with Abilify but maybe not so common.

1 Like

Get it checked/fixed asap. It becomes irreversible after certain point.

1 Like

I’m worried it’s already permanent. I told her I was taking 10 mg and it was still happening then I take 5 because I’m on a higher dosage of naltrexone and that’s holding me together and the td seems bad either way. 5 is such a low dosage to still have td just the same. I wouldn’t risk going off it but I’m taking a small dose for now and I’m actually completely fine but the td persists. Todays tuesday. Appointments in 3 days but do I need to see her sooner.

How long has it been since involuntary movements started?

I had mouth and tongue movements for maybe 3-6 months before I spoke about them to doc.

1 Like

It was in the fall but then we went down in dose it really didn’t seem bad but maybe it was still there a little bit but then we went up to 20 mg again and it came back crazy and it won’t leave me alone now. Lol.

1 Like

I really hope it’s not permanent

1 Like

I’ve read tryptophan can help with TD. Doesn’t require a presciption

Example:

1 Like

As said get it checked/fixed asap. It might be still reversible. Ask your doc if you need neurologist’s opinion.

Do movements happen when you’re asleep?

1 Like

i have td for a very long time

when i first started getting it everything shook and moved incontrollable

they finally put me on propranolol for the side effects of the aps

didnt cure it but decreased it to a point that i can hide it

1 Like

Be careful with tryptophan. AP lowers serotonin, Tryptophan increases it. I am on olanzapine 6,25mg and tryptophan seems to give me bad symptoms at regular dose, but when I opened a 500mg capsule and divided it in 4 doses, 1 for each day, it seems to be very beneficial.

1 Like

I’ve been on Clopixol up to 300 Depo weekly for 26 years and take two akineton tabs for TD

I have TD, my tongue and mouth make funny movements, my arms twist and move and at one point I had a tremor in my legs. Loxapine caused it for me, I’ve been off it six months and still have all the symptoms except the tremors. I take a small dose of Klonopin twice a day to help. 0.25mg dissolves on the tongue.

1 Like

I suffer from TD too. I’ve tried Austedo, but it really didn’t help. Now, I’m on Benadryl(25mg 4 times a day) and Cogentin(3 a day). The symptoms are still there, but it’s gotten better.

1 Like

Hey Guys I’m on lower dose of naltrexone and I don’t shake anymore. Also lower dose of abilify. Also lower amounts of caffeine and i in turn feel more stable than ever no shaking either.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice though.