Could I be getting td from…

Taking a 10 mg prn of Thorazine here and there??? What else could it be??? I’ve been on abilify for 7 1/2 years now. Naltrexone for 6 couldn’t have started it. Klonopin for 11 years…nope!!

Thorazine is my newest med. but I don’t even take it every day!!! But it seems to be causing my head to bop back and forth. And tremors, shaking. It’s working so well!!! Frustrating.

2 Likes

Tell your psychiatrist straight away. They’ll hopefully just give you something else.

3 Likes

TD is not funny. Hope your Pdoc can sort it out very soon.

3 Likes

Jonny be good and tell your psychiatrist before it becomes irreversible. Thorazine is first gen and more likely to cause TD than abilify.

1 Like

They changed my appointment to tomorrow. Maybe they’ll give me seroquel prn. :crossed_fingers: it works out

1 Like

If U feel like you’re developing TD, your best option is to start drinking caffeine and exercising lots, and easy with the weed cuz it can aggravate it.

Heard this from group @anon28145038

:coffee:🚶‍♂

1 Like

𝚃𝙳 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚙 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚗 𝙰𝙿. 𝙰𝚋𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝙴 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚋𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛.

4 Likes

Maybe I should just try upping my abilify dose. Or have a 5 mg prn of abilify for later.

I know what you say about abilify, but it’s probably Thorazine or mixing aps that’s most causing it. Abilify alone I had no problem with. Pdoc tomorrow I’ll bring up all these points.

Abilify cause my td which is funny because it was designed to not cause it.

1 Like

TD rates increase steadily with years of use and all APs can cause it. Abilify is the likely culprit and the rate of TD is dose-dependent, so be careful with increasing your dose. Talk to your psychiatrist. There are ways of managing TD.

1 Like