How do you manage your Tardive dyskinesia

hello Friends,

I am new to disease, side effects and forum. I seem to have spontaneous or Tardive dyskinesia. How do you guys manage it.

1. what medication or supplement you take for TD? what is your drug combo?
  2. any exercise that helps?
  3. any other tips that you think will help

Appreciate all the inputs.

1 Like

You haven’t been diagnosed with TD. As I said before if you suspect TD you should talk to your doctor immediately.

Ask them straight out if you’ve got TD.

3 Likes

I have violent shaking of my head, neck and right arm when I go to do my hair. My pdoc put me on Cogentin for it but he didn’t mention tardive to me. I wonder if tardive dyskinesia is what I have? I’m going to call my pdoc and ask him straight out if that is what it is. Thanks @everhopeful.

1 Like

You know your body best. What I feel is abnormal for sure and with other indicators being there I hope its not TD but have to be prepared for it and diminish it in incipient age if possible. Hence the post. I already scheduled appointments with both my psychiatrist and primary care doc.

Appreciate all the inputs,
This could be a future reference for any body looking for info on TD and how to manage it.

1 Like

Exercise doesn’t really help it just makes me open my mouth and stick my toungue out and touch my teeth with it.

I’m switching meds and I hope it’s not permanent. This is all because of Invega along with a plethora of other side effects

2 Likes

have you tried any of these @anon20742722 :http://www.brainandspinalcord.org/tardive-dyskinesia-treatment-options/

or ingrezza or inderal?? might be worth trying?

Can you guys drive safely with TD? how bad it gets?

I have not. I’ve been on inderAl before I was diagnosed but I can’t take it now that I’m starting latuda. Thanks for the post tho

Putting on makeup makes me do things with my mouth. I think it’s because I’m messing with my face.

did inderAl help at all? any undesired side effects?

Thanking in Advance,

This was before I had sz so what it did was just take away my physical anxiety issues. I used it because I used to have to do speeches in college. It did make me moody as hell tho like it was really horrible but it could have been that mixing with the Xanax I was on at the time

1 Like

Any body else would like to share their TD experience and tips on how to manage it?

highly appreciated,
Thanking in Advcance,

1 Like

I am nearly paranoid because I feel I have spontaneous TD which came with Sz and would stay. it started some of the symptoms before I started taking any drugs. Please any input appreciated.

I contacted my pdoc and he’s going to talk about it in conference and he’s also going to have my case manager, (my nurse), check me over to see if I have signs of T.D. I don’t remember if my nurse comes this Thursday or the following Thursday. She comes every other Thursday to give me my depot injection.

1 Like

When I had TD on Abilify, my pdoc prescribed another med to stop it, but it didn’t stop TD completely and I don’t think it’s a good idea to use a second med to stop the side effects of the first med because the second med might have side effects on its own and so on, so I switched Abilify to a different med.

I have some more options in case I have TD on my current med in the future.

@bananatto, which med did you switch to, how long it took for TD to go away? how bad was it?

Thank you,

I switched to Lonasen which is available only in Japan and Korea? The kind of TD I experienced was involuntary movements of the tongue which was super uncomfortable I even ended up crying one night. I still had to be suffered for 3 months after I completely stopped Abilify. I also had shaking hands but it was very subtle. Anyway, Abilify was the worst med for me in many ways.

Thank you for your reply and info man. Hope TD never bothers you again. Are you not in US? how do you get Lonasen?

Cos I’m in Japan. I’m Japanese.

2 Likes

I take arrange for my TD it really really helps! I went off it for three days and couldn’t eat or talk! It’s awful ■■■■

1 Like