Switched meds, losing weight!

My dr finally put me on a weight neutral med, Haldol. I lost 4 pounds this past week! Yay!

3 Likes

Good for you!

Haldol is weight neutral for me too. Before i went back on it, I had been gaining weight on Abilify with no changes to diet. When I went back on Haldol, the Abilify weight melted off. Something in Abilify didn’t agree with me and made me gain.

1 Like

I’m the same way with lots of different antipsychotics, but Haldol seems to agree with me.

When I started abilify it increased my appetite. Then I started taking a bcomplex and my appetite returned to normal.

Now I’m on a diet I’m losing weight on it too.

1 Like

The B complex idea is interesting.

1 Like

I lost 50 pounds from switching to injectable Risperdal from the oral form.

2 Likes

Thats great! I can get up to 300 and develope diatebetes and my pdoc still wouldnt switch me… honestly if i had a job and didnt spend my work day exercising id be like 300 easily by now hahah

1 Like

I’m prediabetic and that’s not what convinced her to change my meds. It was my symptoms. I wonder why they’re like that about it. I’m 90 pounds over my ideal weight for my height. But because my symptoms didn’t improve she was willing to try a new, weight nuetral med

Idk either and your pre diabetic. Its good thing your losing weight hopefully your new med works out.

1 Like

Glad you’re having success losing weight. Sounds like the med change was good for you. How are your symptoms on the Haldol? Have they improved?

1 Like

Starting today I quit APs, hope to lose weight please :pleading_face:

I’m the same with it as I was before. No meds have changed what I see or believe. I have noticed I see certain things less though, like once a day now.

1 Like