Supplements

I would like to know what supplements you use, and in what way they help you…
So, please if you can, write…

3 Likes

I use one a day mens pro edge vitamin and silver colloidal in the morning instead of morning med helps a lot. And zyprexa at night .

3 Likes

I take a good quality multivitamin for overall health, vitamin C for a variety of reasons, and 5-HTP for depression. It seems a pretty good mix

4 Likes

What manufactured vitamins?

1 Like

I buy once a year a 30 Day vitality pack with a bunch of vitamins, omega fats,…

I like them but it’s a bit too much to take it year round cuz it’s kinda expensive.

3 Likes

I usually buy the “Now” brand. It’s all natural source, and reasonably priced compared to others

3 Likes

Yes, I’m aming to buy Now food multi :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

For general wellbeing and combat side effects of AP:

Omega 3
Cat’s Claw
B vitamin complex
Vitamin B1
Vitamin B12
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
Turmeric
Bioperine
Zink
Taurine
Citicoline
Chlorella
Hemp Seed Oil

However I don’t take all of them every day.

For Sleep:

Tryptophan
L-Serine
Gotu Kola
Magnesium
Chaga Mushroom
Melatonin
Black Seed Oil

These I take every day.

5 Likes

I take a men’s multivitamin.

5 Likes

I take nothing supplement wise other than nicotine and caffeine

4 Likes

It is fairly well established the right nutrients for you will help.

2 Likes

I take omega 3 and vitamin E for my cognitive impairment. But instead I think it’s healing my brain all around. I take zinc for my eyes which are hurt from psychosis and invega and I drink alot of pure carrot juice for the Betta carotene. I take some ashwagandha just for effect and my thyroid but it’s not that important. I have alot of b vitamins that I don’t take much because I drink alot of vitamin water which has enough b I think. And I eat broccoli sprouts everyday for the sulforaphane which Is supposed to speed up processing which took a hit for me in psychosis. But I think I’m getting faster. I also have some gotu kola which is good for processing as well. I’m going to try to add some of that but I’m taking a lot of stuff. And last but lot least. Lions Maine which is powerful stuff. It was too powerful for me to take before I might try occasionally but it can heal nerve damage in the brain. I eat well too. All this to try and repair my brain after the relapse I had

3 Likes

When I go to Starbucks I drink matcha tea. That’s good too

1 Like

@Garbled, you take a quite lot of supplements.
Do you check interactions with meds?

Yup. I checked them all. Nothing interacts with invega it seems like

2 Likes

My thoughts on some pathways re schizophrenia

Glutamate receptor modulators
Glycine, D-serine, D-alanine, Sarcosine, NAC, and memantine all work.

Anti-inflammatories
Celecoxib, Minocycline, NAC, Asprin. Anything that is a Cox-2 inhibitor should help somewhat.

Antidepressants
Anything that is an SSRI but the evidence is scant in terms of which one is best. I would favour Vortioxetine or Bupropion simply because of the side effect profile.

Estrogen
Birth control if you’re female. SERMs if you are male, side effect profile of SERMs aren’t great.

Antioxidants
Ginko biloba, ALA, Vitamin C, NAC, heaps of options.

Different pathways
B vitamins, L-Theanine, Taurine, Lithium, Niacin

Maybe
Cholinergics, you could take Alpha Gpc. Statins they are mainly for weight gain and they also work through Anti-inflammatory pathways. CBD, I don’t think the evidence is good for this.

Since I restarted my stack it’s hard for me to tease out the individual effects. But they 100% work. I wouldn’t come off my stack because I know my symptoms would come back and I’d feel depressed again so I guess that’s how they help.

NAC or memantine are the only things that I would feel comfortable recommending to the general public for schizophrenia but depends what your risk tolerance is also

Really you have to ask yourself what your goals are first? Stimulation, Sleep, Positive Symptoms, Negative symptoms, Building muscle, General Wellness

4 Likes

Vitamin B
Kratom (once in a while) but im stopping that, because it does not work anymore
Asprine - it should reduce inflammation in the brain, and there is some evidence it could be used as an add on for SZ and depression
Magnesium for constipation

2 Likes

All I take is b complex vitamins. I feel okay on them.

3 Likes

I take broccoli extract

5 Likes

Hi Wellbutrin. Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

2 Likes