Suddenly Sleeping Way Too Much

My pdoc raised my Lexapro by 2.5 mg a month ago. I have to split a 5 mg tablet in half. The total I take is 12.5 mg. But that can’t be the reason I started sleeping so much can it, that tiny increase? I woke up last night after sleeping deeply for 24 hours!

I played a game of giving up on life so many times. What I really was saying is I give up trying to be disciplined. Maybe now it’s caught up with me?

I talk to my pdoc tomorrow, thank goodness! I’m going to try and not let her increase my antipsychotic, but I am emotionally numb and my mind isn’t working well.

I have been through a lot in my 52 years.

Antidepressants can be sedation but you’re probably too high on your antipsychotics if you are sleeping 24 hours. Keep active actually helps you keep active so make sure you keep engaging in your normal routine

I don’t want to neglect your problem with sleep but let me tell you insomnia is much worse. When a quit Ziprasidone cold turkey I some times stayed awake for 37 hours. Now I’m back sleeping 8 hours each night and I can’t express how grateful I am.

1 Like