STUDY opportunity for you!

I recently completed a study that I was part of, and they informed me of another possible study I could participate in. I thought I would share it with you. It sounds like they provide iPads for the duration of the study. It’s all done online. They’re trying to use brain training games to treat certain symptoms of schizophrenia.

To contact the person running the study, call (415) 568-3565 or email climb@positscience.com

12 Likes

If i remember to check my email…

1 Like

@Ninjastar Was this the one you, I, and @Anna did before?

3 Likes

The previous study you posted, I contacted them through email and even had a Skype call for about 15 minutes. They said no lol. Maybe they didn’t liked my sexy voice :joy:

4 Likes

This is a different study run by a different person working at the same lab.

2 Likes

I don’t qualify for this study because I have a major head injury and I’ve changed my meds recently. But I thought I’d pass it along.

2 Likes

I still have to wait for the final portion of that one we did after the 6 month waiting period or however long it is.

1 Like

I checked on a site they recommended me and I think they are hard training games.

2 Likes

I just finished my 6 month interview. I found out whether I was in the control or experimental group, which was exciting. I can also rejoin their app, which I think I’ll do. I made a few friends there and I lost all their contact info when it ended.

2 Likes

Ooh, posit science is the BrainHQ people.

1 Like

Which group were you in?

I am officially allowed to say the active group, but I can’t give any info about it.

1 Like

You can add an emoji in the subtitle? :smiley:

1 Like

It’s a mod privilege.

2 Likes

I was bad I didn’t talk to anyone at all :sweat_smile: I tried but I just didn’t really connect with anyone in my group I guess

Idk if I’d qualify for this one now since I was diagnosed w narcolepsy

2 Likes

But thank goodness you finally got that diagnosis, right?!

1 Like

Do they take applicants from Europe?

I believe so, as long as you’re fluent in English. The payment is just online amazon gift cards. Do you have your own iPhone/iPad? They might not be able to ship one internationally, but I don’t know for sure.

From the guy running the study:

At CLIMB, we are interested in improving the quality of life of individuals who struggle with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder and believe that non-pharmacological interventions, such as group therapy and cognitive training, can make significant improvements in mental and physical wellbeing.

The purpose of this study is to evaluate two different interventions to assess if mobile-based training exercises help people with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder lessen their symptoms, learn new ways of thinking, and improve social functioning.

The study is a remote study. We remotely deliver an intervention to individuals with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder using iOS mobile devices. No travel is required in order to participate. Participants that do not own a mobile device are provided one for the duration of the study in order to complete the intervention anytime, and anywhere they choose. The intervention will last 9 weeks and includes cognitive training (or “brain games”) via an iPad app (2 hours/week), virtual group therapy sessions (1 hour/week), and social networking. Participation requires a commitment of 3 hours/week.

Participants may earn up to $170 for completing this study. You will be paid with an electronic Amazon gift card. This will allow the study staff to provide payment as soon as possible once you are eligible to receive payment. Below, you’ll find a two summary charts (1) provides the payment and schedule for those using their personal mobile device, and (2) provides payment and schedule for those using a Posit Science loaned mobile device.

Thank you again for your interest in our research, and we’re looking forward to your potential participation in CLIMB. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask!

2 Likes