Stressed the f out

Took on too much at once. I want to get my degree so bad that I keep signing up for classes at the community college, which all I need to do is take a break. I just moved, started a new medication for a clinical trial, recently got married, almost went threw a divorce already, I have 3 kids who all need to go places and do things, and I decided to throw 3 classes on top of that. Luckily only taking 2 at a time, but still. Took on to much. Now I’m stressed and that’s when the voices like to creep in. Just got to make it the next few months and I am taking a break from school foreal this time. Need to work on my mental health.

8 Likes

How long have you been living with sz? It took me a long time to not overestimate what I’m capable of. I still haven’t really figured it out, but I’m getting better.

3 Likes

The symptoms started about 3 years ago.

1 Like

Wow. That is a lot to take on. Heck, that’s a lot to take on even for someone who doesn’t have sz. Can you drop a class to reduce your stress load?

1 Like

I can not. Unless I want to pay back the government for the class and I don’t have the money for that. Just got to stick through it and I am taking the summer off. Maybe even the fall.

1 Like

Not sure this helps, but I think school is really magageable. You just have to use your time wisely. I study for 3 hours at a time with only breaks for bathroom and food and usually it will get done. Most studying is simple. I tried tutoring a friend and she complicates everything. It helps to simplify and summarize everything so you know exactly what is going on and can put it into your own simplified terms. Take it easy. Slow and steady is best.

2 Likes

3 hours of focus is a long time.

1 Like

Yes idk I went to a top 10 university. I would say I am used to studying and part of that has passed on to my post illness life. before I got sick, like in high school, I studied till midnight almost every week day to get through all the ap classes I took.

Before I got sick it would have been totally manageable, but anymore I can barely read a news article. I guess that’s why I’m not in school, though.

2 Likes

good luck 15characters

1 Like

When I am in pain, the way I rate my pain depends on whether or not I know it will end. For example, child birth is severe, but it is over after so long, so it isn’t as bad as some pain. Back pain with sciatica may be a notch less painful, but it never seems to end, so in my opinion, this makes it score higher on the pain scale. Anyhow, my point is that since there is an end in sight, it isn’t as bad as it could be. It won’t be forever; you just have to get through a couple of months, and then you can breathe. You can make it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.