Starting Saxenda

They sting less, actually. The med is to help with weight loss, not diabetes.

1 Like

oh my mistake, i thought it was used for both like ozempic. i wonder if weight loss meds can counteract ap weight gain, i could definitely lose a few pounds, or 200 lbs to be precise, damn olanzapine :sob:

2 Likes

I was on Saxenda for 2 years, went from 298 lbs to currently 191 lbs, but I switched to Mounjaro when I got my Type 2 diabetes diagnosis (just on that 2 months). It helps a lot with cravings, but I still have to count calories and keep a food log.

3 Likes

What are the side effects of Saxenda?

1 Like

Hmmm you are on or were on Vraylar right?
If that’s the case did the type 2 diabetes start prior to or after?
I read Vraylar can possibly cause it

1 Like

I’m on clozapine and Vraylar…the diabetes diagnosis came after being on both for a year, but I’ve been obese for years. It’s funny with the diabetes diagnosis, as my A1c is only 5.3, but I did a blood glucose tolerance test where you drink the sweet drink and then they check your sugars after 1 then 2 hours after, and those results indicated impaired glucose levels. Other diabetes indicators for me are all within normal limits. I’ve only had the diabetes diagnosis for a few months now.

2 Likes

Oh yes
In kinda same boat lol we wrote to each other before
I do am on clozapine. Gonna titrate down while introducing Vraylar soon

When you say obese, how much you weigh? I too am kinda "obese "
6’1 and 235 lbs

1 Like

I’m at 191 lbs now, down from 298 lbs… I’m only 5’3", so I had a BMI near 50 when I started losing weight. My doc says I’d be good for a goal weight of 160, so I have another 30 lbs to lose. I’ve had to buy new clothes cuz I used to wear a men’s 4-5X and now I fit into an XL. It’s weird, tho, cuz I still feel really fat and I don’t recognize myself in mirrors anymore!

3 Likes

Very good improvement
Diet and exercise?

1 Like

For diet I weigh/measure my food and try to stick to 1200 calories or less, and try to limit fats and sugars. I use an online app to log my foods. I didn’t exercise for a long time but now try to walk for 35 minutes a day… that’s not much but I’ve just started and have to deal with tachycardia from the clozapine that makes me short of breath (I’m seeing a cardiologist next week, I may have to come off clozapine, I don’t know).

2 Likes

Wow an A1C of 5.3 is really excellent, especially for diabetes.

I supposedly have diabetes too and my last blood test showed an A1C level of 5.6 which is good but not as good as your A1C level.

I was on Mounjaro before for a while and like you it really took care of the cravings and I managed to lose at least 12 pounds on it but I had to stop taking it because of side effects.
I’m now on Ozempic but it doesn’t really do a good job of controlling my appetite.
I’m no longer losing weight on Ozempic.

I may give Mounjaro another try.

Hope everything works alright for you @WhiteRaven

1 Like

Ugh I’m with you there too
Clozapine and the tachycardia side effect
Another reason to try getting off it

Ur doing well
I don’t even walk
I gotta diet too soon

1 Like

Awesome work @WhiteRaven. I bet you are feeling so much better.

1 Like

Five days in and I have lost 7.5 lbs. I stopped tracking calories because I’m obviously not eating enough to go over. I have a small appetite now and I am enjoying it. Not walking as much as I should be because my heart is being a :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: this week.

3 Likes

Checked my mail last night and found a letter from my insurance company through work that provides my benefits coverage. They have approved me for Saxenda, so that is 80% of the bill covered. If my plan covers it then my wife’s plan definitely will, it’s just a matter of waiting for it to go through. Anyhow, $95/mth is better than $475/mth.

4 Likes

Are you having any side effects?

1 Like

Just weight loss. Whooooo!!!

:grin:

3 Likes

I was 6 months on ozempic and had close to zero side effects. I lost 13 kg (don’t know what that would be in lbs) I have to lose 7 kg more, to have my body back like it used to be before olanzapine. But I will have to do it by myself, because ozempic is very expensive here in Denmark.

1 Like

Cant wait until i start the weight loss injection. Plus i have plenty of practice now stabbing myself with having gestational diabetes and blood thinners.

3 Likes

Total weight loss for week 01 is 4 kg or 8.8 lbs.

4 Likes