Starting Saxenda

Just watched the instructional video:

(It shows a person injecting themself so avoid if that’s not your thing.)

I will let people know if it works for weight loss.

$475/mth so it had better.

12 Likes

Ouch just don’t think I could poke myself lol. Good luck though.

1 Like

I’m on Ozempic but Saxenda is another good med.
Good luck with it @shutterbug

1 Like

I can’t inject myself. Good luck!

I’m sure not a fan of it.

:frowning:

1 Like

Good luck with it.

The video says it’s unavailable in my area, so I’m not sure of the procedure for Saxenda. But I had to give myself frequent Vitamin B12 injections a few years ago after stubbornly trying to stay vegan too long even though I’d made myself very sick.

I quickly got used to it. But I have no fear of needles though. I had allergy immunotherapy shots when 10-12 years old so I’m used to needles.

You could have your Wife inject you with it if thats easier. My Mom gives me my injections

Good luck! 1515

Um. She looked a bit too excited at the prospect of stabbing me with something.

4 Likes

Haha! :smile: 15151515

1 Like

I think injections are better than pills. 99% of the diet pills I have tried gave me GI distress.

1 Like

That photo of the needle looks lethal but in fact the needle is very very small and on Ozempic I did not feel anything when I injected myself. I was very nervous before I had it too.

2 Likes

Was it helpful for you, ma’am?

Im definitely keen to try these diabetic meds for me for weight loss and appetite supressing. Ive put on over 30kgs in the last couple years. I much prefer being more slim like ive always been. Cant afford it until it becomes cheaper one day though. If it does.

Hi @shutterbug. I lost 6 kgs but then had to come off as the supply dried up in Australia. Can’t remember how long I was on it for. I was too terrified to eat as it made me vomit once. I would go on it again though as it gave me discipline and I haven’t regained the weight but I don’t eat till 12.00 noon and try not to eat late except for a few stuffed olives.:blush:. I would just stay on it till I got to my target weight.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the info @hippogal

:heart:

1 Like

Hm. Well. I went to give myself my first injection today and…

…it would help if I had needles to go with the Saxenda pens.

Ooof.

Back to the pharmacy, I go.

:roll_eyes:

Yesterday wound up being a gong show because of my wife’s list of fall chores. Took the first dose today. I barely felt the needle at all. Not so bad!

2 Likes

wow that is expensive. hopefully it works out, diabetes is tough to manage. most dont like needles but ive never had a problem with them, im thinking of switching to an injectable ap so i only have to get the shot every 6 months and not have to worry about taking pills

i had to show my mom how to use the lancet blood glucose monitor, basically i had to do it for her, it barely draws any blood with a poke to the finger but i imagine injections feel different than drawing blood