Starting new meds

I’m starting aripiprazole,
I was wondering what side affecte did you all get when you was on this med, does this med work and if so what did it help you with

I’ve never tried that med. I don’t think it’s available in my country. But good luck to you! :slight_smile:

Ah thank you, what meds are you on of you don’t mind me asking ?

I take Vraylar, Lamictal, and Zoloft.

Also known as abilify. Best of luck with it. I’m on it. Main side effect for me is increased blood sugar. I’m on metformin for that now. So get regular blood tests.

It also increases my anxiety.

Ohhhhh. I have been on Abilify. It made me gain significant weight really fast, but it doesn’t do that for everybody. Good luck, @Livio.

Hi Livio.
My only med experience is with aripiprazole.
From the top of my head the most pronounced side effects I had are restlessness, intense hunger cravings, anxious energy and weakness.
However as I said I have not been on another med so it is possible that it’s not so bad compared to other meds out there.

Good luck it’s different for everyone :crossed_fingers:

I like my Abilify. I used to have headaches when I first started the med. It’s possible that was just from drinking a bunch of coffee everyday.

We are all different so it usually can benefit to try something else. Never did work out for me. Hope it does for you.

I was put on Aripiprazole a few years ago but it didn’t work for me. It ended up making my depressive symptoms worse. But everyone is different, so give it a go. Hopefully it’ll work wonders for you.

I’m on Aripiprazole. It has worked great for the last few years (lately they’ve added a second AP because my Abilify dose was maxed out and it wasn’t quite covering my symptoms).

Anyhow, I gained weight on it and had anxiety issues. Both were preferable to my SZ symptoms!

Good luck!

I don’t really remember what problems I had but I didn’t like it at all. I didn’t stay on it. Remember that we all react differently, so don’t let anyone talk you out of it.