Some people with bipolar can be so annoying

I attended an online zoom meeting last night for people suffering from bipolar disorder and other various mood disorders.
Some of the middle aged attendees were so fukking annoying.
They constantly talked about themselves and thought they were smarter than everyone else.

Honestly I doubt anyone there experienced psychosis.

It was more of a general rap session instead of it focusing on mental health issues.

I said very little and mainly listened.

I am doubting my doctors bipolar diagnosis of me.

I don’t think I’m returning

Also, most of them were extremely high functioning and are working or attending school.

7 Likes

I think some people with personality disorders get mistaken as having bipolar, and the other way around. I know my sister is diagnosed with bipolar, but I have a feeling it’s more than just that. She’s very grandiose all the time (oh wait that can be bipolar) but she has other things that make me think personality problems.

1 Like

But maybe me saying she has personality issues is me misunderstanding bipolar. Idk, I still have trouble fully understanding bipolar, which makes me a hypocrite for expecting other people to understand schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m overthinking it.

1 Like

My current diagnosis is bipolar but honestly I feel that I have schizoaffective.
My therapist and past psychiatrist are right.

I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective at the psych hospital twice.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean, I’m no psychiatrist, but if you have psychosis as one of your prominent symptoms, I would say you probably have schizoaffective. I think the mood symptoms of bipolar are more extreme than they are in schizoaffective.

2 Likes

Yeah, I attended a few but I don’t feel I quite fit there. I fit here more.

2 Likes

I did a group before and couldn’t stand it at all

3 Likes

When I’m not on meds I become extremely delusional and psychotic.
But my mood symptoms are prominent off meds.

2 Likes

Yeah, that sounds like schizoaffective. But again, I’m no psychiatrist. But I would definitely try to find another psychiatrist for another opinion.

1 Like

“I fit here more.“

Same here @Milly

2 Likes

I think it’s because the psychosis has caused more issues than the moods for me.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m no doctor @Milly
But it sounds like what you have is closer to schizoaffective

2 Likes

If I’m honest, I don’t believe I have moods most of the time (even now) until I get paranoid and down… Maybe I just lack the insight to see it. I think I may have schizophrenia alone.

2 Likes

Yes I was also going to say schizophrenia

2 Likes

When I was on the admission ward many years ago there was a definite degree of snobbery from those who were bipolar towards those of us who weren’t

4 Likes

I had a friend with bipolar and when she was manic she did nothing but glorify herself and spent a lot of money she was also a bit obnoxious

3 Likes

Maybe we as schizophrenics can team up on bipolar people and beat them up. Start a war.

2 Likes

(Jk) 15151551515151

1 Like

These people from the bipolar support group were obnoxious.
That’s a good word to describe them.
No humility.

4 Likes