So, no vraylar

Saw my pdoc today and made my pitch for switching to vraylar, she didn’t say no she just told me why she wouldn’t suggest it, and she convinced me to stick with zyprexa and maybe try vraylar later on. So that’s what I’m going to do…I was really excited to switch and have my negative and cognitive symptoms improve but I think my pdoc is right, the evidence just isn’t there that vraylar would really do anything for those symptoms…and I’m already so happy with zyprexa that it isn’t worth the risk to switching to something that may over stimulate me (I can’t even drink coffee anymore without having a panic attack)

1 Like

So here’s to sticking with zyprexa and gaining more weight on it! I’m kinda excited about that

3 Likes

I switched to Vraylar and became Psychotic.
No, j think that your decision is a sound one @Bdon.
Zyprexa like my drug Risperidone are proven power house medications.
If you get overstimulated easy like I do, Vraylar may be the wrong drug for you.

3 Likes

It doesnt get any more “powerhouse then risperdone generic version”

Was that shade?

2 Likes

Do you mean that the drug gave you a paradoxical reaction or just that it didn’t protect you?

It didn’t protect (work) for me.
It also overstimulated me.

2 Likes

Vraylar is activating/stimulating. I would never take Zyprexa because of the side effects like weight gain. I’m already overweight.

2 Likes

Zyprexa is cheap too dude, generic and unwanted, no one wants to gain 100lbs in a yr. except maybe you apparently?

I had major dysphoria and anhedonia on zyprexa, once I got off it I was much happier. Its a heavy duty med most similar in structure to clozapine. Sometimes it puts people in a funk, but it is good for working memory thats a plus.

1 Like

I just started Vrayler 1.5mg. I agree that it is stimulating. It’s very different from the other drugs I’m on.

I take 600mg of Seroquel XR at night, along with 50mg Lamictal a day and Zyprexa 5mg as needed.

I took Invega and it was a nightmare for me.

Hi @KittiesinCostumes.

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Ninjastar
Volunteer Moderator

1 Like