Started Vraylar

Saw my pdoc last week and he prescribed Vraylar. Had to wait for a prior authorization to go through for medicaid, so I picked it up wednesday. Havent noticed too many changes yet, but I don’t notice the breathing/distortion of the walls and floors as much. Maybe that’s a good sign. He started me at 1.5mg, but said we could go as high as 6mg. Hopefully it does the trick.

9 Likes

Good luck @Dreamer May it work well for you

1 Like

Good luck with it @Dreamer.
Vraylar didn’t work for me but I could only tolerate 1.5mg at the time.

Sounds promising for you already.

1 Like

I tried Vraylar last year but got incredible food cravings on it so quit taking it. I’m way overweight and couldn’t afford to gain any more weight cuz of meds. I didn’t stay on it long enough to notice any other changes, tho. It sure is an expensive med!

1 Like

Good luck! I hope it works well for you!

1 Like

Good luck with it !

1 Like

Exciting 1511515

1 Like

Good luck! Im interested in vraylar. let us know how it turns out.

1 Like

I had good success on Vraylar. Only reason I got switched to Invega was because I go off my meds quite often and my pdoc wanted to put me on an injection.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will keep this thread updated as time goes on.

2 Likes

Vraylar is a good med. I would still be on it if it didn’t cause me some side effects I didn’t care for.

1 Like

Update: A week and a half into Vraylar. Hallucinations have reduced substantially, but still occasional ones. Thinking seems more clear. Not as off base. Found out it’s also FDA approved for bipolar depression (I’m sza), and have noticed my mood is a lot better. I’m not on a mood stabilizer, so am keeping a lookout for any manic symptoms. All in all a great med so far. No side effects to report.

3 Likes

I’m on 6 mg of Vraylar. Good luck.

1 Like

clearly with APs it’s often down to the luck of the draw. I’ve been on vraylar for a while now and I feel delusions are returning, negatives remain strong plus a host of side effects like sedation and frequent muscle spasms and other involuntary movements.

1 Like

@NotSeksoEmpirico Appreciate the reply. Hope things get better.

Approximately 2 weeks on Vraylar. Have some slight tremors in my hands now. Also, like I expected from APs, things feel dull and bland. Dont really feel anything anymore. Dont have flat affect, but emotionally and pleasure wise everything feels plain and mediocre.

1 Like

For me it’s minor. I think because I don’t have Bipolar type SZA, despite what the so-called Doctors say. I think I have depressive type or some new-type of mental illness yet discovered lol.

1 Like

I have sza bipolar type, so maybe that’s why I feel this way. I’m used to feeling the intense extremes, and maybe this is just me leveled out. Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

I’m taking 6mg Vraylar with good results so far after 4 months

2 Likes

Hows it working for ya?

What symptoms are you getting relief from?