Sleep aids

I am really ■■■■■■■ sick of waking up in the early mornings wide awake with racing thoughts. Its been happening like once a week for a while and screws everything up. Who here takes a sleep aid, and do they keep you asleep? I take 3mg melatonin and it quit working, I have been sleeping 7 hours for a couple of weeks and this morning I woke up after just 4 hours of sleep.

I can’t stand it. I feel like ■■■■. I don’t want to take a third xanax before bed, I dont want to be any more dependent on xanax, I take 1mg when I wake up at 9 and another in the late afternoon around 4 or at like 6 or 7 if I workout.

I feel like ■■■■ and I have to see my psychologist today and I have practice at 430. Much ■■■■ this ■■■■■■■■. Very awake. Such anxiety. Not wow. Im also experiencing a few symptoms, some delusions and a few hallucinations here and there. Could be xanax withdrawal, I havent taken one since 4 yesterday.

I get sort of weird on sleep aids. (everything from Sonata to Nyquil)

In my perception, I went in, sat on my bed, took the sleeping pill prescribed, watched my fish, and went to sleep.

For my sis, I was walking around all night and bumping into walls and trying to get outside.

Then I end up waking up on the kitchen floor or the in the bathtub and even though my brain feels like it had a good nights sleep, I guess I walked around for ages.

I have Quetiapin, Zopiclone, Melatonin and Sonata if I wake up in the middle of the night. I usually wake up at 4-5 AM. Then I try to go back to sleep and maybe sleep one more hour. Quetiapin makes me really sleepy. Usually I don’t need Zopiclone. Bit when I do I take 1 and 1/2.

I never took sleeping pills. I use natural food supplement only.

I took pearl powder in the past. They make me sleep really well. It contains organic animal source of minerals, mainly magnesium and calcium.

I am convinced we are deficient of magnesium and would benefit a lot from its supplement. It helps with sleep, among some other good things.

A good sleep aid that is commonly prescribed is Restoril (temazepam). It’s a benzo.

zopiclone helps me :slight_smile:

Careful mortimer, are you slowly relapsing? Stress makes symptoms worse. I don’t want to scare you but after I had been out of an 8 month stay in a hospital in 1982 and I had gotten fairly stable in my recovery, I thought I would never be hospitalized again. In 1988 I relapsed and had 4 or 5 short hospitalizations in rapid succession for two or three days each. Mine was probably partly due to my crack addiction which you don’t have to worry about. But the good news is that I have not been hospitalized since 1989.

I was on xanax for 8 months awhile back. I had to get off of it very slowly. It could be withdrawal symptoms-it usually takes a month or two to slowly taper off.

My doc said that i need to take a xanax before bed- one at 8am, 4pm and midnight because the half life is 8 hours and it has the opposite effect when its finished- CNS stimulation. It makes sense that I wake up early and anxious once a week, its a wonder it doesnt happen more often than that

I take 10mg of melatonin before bed and it knocks me out cold, I sleep the whole night. Sometimes I’ve taken a valium with that and it has an even stronger effect.