Skinned a snake

a snake got hit in the road… so I skinned it scrapped it and pinned it to a board tomm it should be dried out… i dont know how I feel about it… it was dead when I found it but skinning something is not my fav thing to do… might stitch it onto a belt…

8 Likes

Now u gotta eat the insides.

4 Likes

Or make some cool boots!

2 Likes

I can’t be mad at you for skinning a already dead snake. I don’t like the killing of reptiles and amphibians as long as it can be helped

2 Likes

the meat was still good the guts didn’t get busted… but it was just a chicken snake… this old guy was poking at it with a stick then some people rolled by and snapped pictures for face book of me holding up the 4 anda half foot snake…lol ive had rattle snake taste like chicken…

5 Likes

I agree… if it was alive I would have put it in the back yard… chicken snakes keep the rattle snakes away…

1 Like

Yuck, I don’t even like cleaning fish.

2 Likes

its actually less gross cleaning a snake… the smell is not wonderful but neither is the fish smell… fish are slimy…

1 Like

I learned how to fish and clean them when I was 7 years old. I never batted an eyelash about it but I surely wouldn’t want to do it now. Actually, handling worms bothered me so we used to buy minnows for bait.

1 Like

we did a lot of catfishing… I hate being spurred… but im the same now… id rather not hurt or kill anything… except any blood suckers they can get squished… minus vampire bats… I think I would run from them and hide until they left…

We shot a rattler that my brother had stepped on out on the ranch. He was about 7 years old at the time, my oldest had to carry a riffle around these parts of the woods. We ended up cooking that rattler…does taste like chicken, and we kept the rattler too. Gave it to my grandfather for his birthday, he loved it.

1 Like

There must be a place where you can sell the skin. Snakeskin wallets go for $200.

2 Likes

Appetite… gone. :clap:

1 Like

yours and mine both… be glad we cant send smells across the internet… i would have labeled it unicorn farts… lol

2 Likes

it came out ok… it still kinda stinks… the belly scales have a translucent blue sheen to them its pretty… but I wont be bringing it inside anytime soon…

1 Like

if i saw a snake, then i’d run to a hill. well, maybe not. really don’t know what i’d do. i’ve had spiders, beetles, ants, fruitflies, but not snakes yet here. perhaps my room would need to be very very dirty for a snake to come in, like when the other animals visited

1 Like

I’m vegan and I must say…
that it doesn’t matter at all to me if it was already dead

2 Likes

ah this stuff my dad does. He cleans fish too. I can not touch these animals.

Buying dead meat is increasing the demand. The less they sell, the less kills.

note for the future… if you skin a snake on Thursday and your trash doesn’t get picked up till tues…don’t throw the dam snake into the garbage… the smell could gag a maggot…

2 Likes

lol. i wonder why snake smell so bad. then again, the way snakes eat and digest food… probably explains it all