Sick of this

I feel like a prisoner in my own body. I feel like I can only feel what they make me feel. The thought of putting a bullet in my head is increasingly become a relief to me. The only relief. I’m only posting here because I have no one.

2 Likes

First things first. What meds are you on nowadays?

None. Thinking about starting on my Abilify again.

Meds have never brought me any lasting relief.

1 Like

Ok. What dose of abilify?

5 mg.

15charlimit

5mg of abilify is like being off meds. So I wouldn’t bother.

10mg is the minimum dose for schizophrenia. This is what the clinical trials say. This is what the manufacturer says.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll try that today. But the meds sap my strength. Having a clear mind isn’t much worth it when I can barely move.

Abilify wasn’t really like that though idk.

I hate that I’m too afraid to kill myself. I want someone to do it for me sometime.

Those side effects can go away when your system gets used to abilify.

4 Likes

Well, still better than thinking about putting a bullet in your head.

2 Likes

Quit the self destructive talk. Fight the disease. Take a proper therapeutic dose of abilify for a few months and then report back.

3 Likes

It’s funny how it feels like everyone knows me somehow when I don’t even know myself.

The first days of abilify after a while not on it made me sleepy. Then it settled in. Some ppl say it’s stimulating. I think it’s just neutral in that regard.

Thank you.

15char

1 Like

I just tried 10 mg. And scheduled with my pdoc tomorrow. Will see if it helps. Hopefully.

2 Likes

Your doctor gave you the all-clear to try the 10 mg?

1 Like

You just took 10 mg pills after not taking abilify in a while?

If you’re anything like me it’ll be nap time in 45 minutes, then you will wake up 3 hours later saying “dang I feel much better”

If this is the case, be weary and don’t drive or anything , just in case u react the same to abilify as I do.

@Lexicon please don’t kill yourself !! suicide is always a mistake…life will get better I promise you…please try to tell your pdoc you are suicidal so you can get some help!!

2 Likes

No. I gave myself the all-clear.

1 Like

10mg is the recommended starting dose of abilify for schizophrenia.

The first few weeks can be rough as your system gets used to it.

1 Like