Started abilify today

Finally got in to see the psychiatrist . God i hope it helps

8 Likes

Good luck on abilify @Catch22!
Hope it works well for you!

1 Like

Good luck!!!

1 Like

Nice :+1: what mg??? I take 10 mg abilify. By far the best antipsychotic for me. Glad it all worked out getting the med and all.

1 Like

They started out on 5mg incase i have a weird reaction too it.
It’s gonna take a couple weeks for it to kick in right? I’m super hopeful this time

2 Likes

Remember 10mg is the minimum dose for schizophrenia. So the sooner you get to that dose the better.

1 Like

I know:( just gotta wait it out haha. They think im sensitive to meds i guess.
I’d like a dose that actually works but I didn’t speak up

1 Like

I’m really sensitive to meds I feel stuff immediately practically. I swallow a pill and am like “oh yeah that’s the good ■■■■” practically. But yeah typically you won’t see the total reaction for a month. I must be unusual because not only do I feel much better almost immediately, but I continue to feel better after a month on certain medications. I think you continue to recover. 5 is low but I think I started off on that too. I used to take 30 it wasn’t enough , now down to 10 and fine with other meds too. So there’s a lot of factors. Good luck

2 Likes

I’m on 30mg, only take half though because 30 mg made me feel weird. Personally, i think they over medicate me.

Thats good though, hope it works out for you.

1 Like

I hope the Abilify works well for you!

2 Likes

Best wishes! I am on 30mg. Very top of the normal dose. There are many meds out there, just a matter of finding the right one!

This one has worked for 4 months…biggest problem is the Abilify wearing off too soon. I get the injection and temporarily supplementing 5mg w the pills until I run out.

Keeps me working and happy!

1 Like

Good luck! Abilify was amazing for me, hope you have the same experience

1 Like

Abilify worked very well for me. But I had bit eyes distonia. Good luck

1 Like

Good luck with Abilify. I’m now 7 years on it. I’m on 25mg per day. It’s been a good med for me so far. I had a few relapses whilst on it but an increase in the dosage always pulled me through.

1 Like

I’m like you @Jonnybegood. If something is going to work for me it is immediately. After enough time to get in my system, boom.

1 Like

Me three! It’s always nice to feel good from the get go.

Good luck @Catch22!

1 Like