Show me your resume (trigger warning)

I want to write another resume. show me yours.

censor your name and personal information, of course…

here’s mine:

William (middle and last name omitted)
(address omitted)
(email omitted)
(home number omitted)

Objective:

To perform the duties of an entry-level volunteer within your established organization, while developing strong skills to prepare for a new career.

Occupations:

READ Tutor (June 2009 - 2010)

• Tutored children under READ Foundation (8$ per hour)
  • Departed due to age restriction

WyzAnt Tutor (September 2011 - 2012)

• Tutored individuals under WyzAnt (15$ per hour)
  • Departed due to economization restrictions

Self-employed Math Tutor (December 2013 - April 2015)

• Tutored local individuals (5$ per hour)
  • Departed due to low local tutoring demand

Education:

Brooklyn Technical High School (June 2006 - 2010)

• Diploma for specializing in mathematics (3.0 GPA)

CUNY City College of New York (September 2010 - 2012)

• BS Pure Mathematics (2.4 GPA, 55 credits)

Additional Skills:

Responsible, punctual, and organized
Experienced with Microsoft Office
Coded programs with TI calculator software, Python, and C++
Willing to write code in any programming language
Managed social media including Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc
Advanced mathematics, reading, and writing proficiency

2 Likes

Maybe later I will, I would have to edit it a bit.

1 Like

I’d rather not…mine’s not very good anyway.

1 Like

I’d rather not share that information on a public forum.

Why do you have your rate of pay listed?

6 Likes

Mine is too personally identifiable!

Also put your newest stuff first!

4 Likes

Mine is too identifiable also. I paid someone $750 to write it. It’s pretty good but I haven’t worked in 2 years or so.

1 Like

What is additional skills? It should be skills. Resume have personal information. Pay attention to anonymous.

1 Like

I have a question. Why would a paranoid schizophrenic, such as yourself, post a resume on a public forum?

2 Likes

I haven’t updated my resume in at least 10 years. I don’t even know where I have it saved anymore.

that’s honestly a good question. I forget specifically when I added the wages and for what reason. I know for a fact that I didn’t add wages, at first. but I think as I kept filling out more and more job applications and forms, I noticed that a lot of employers wanted to know my hourly wage information. so I felt that the information might be helpful for them and less repetitive data entry for me.

I didn’t want to post my resume, at first. but since no dude was sharing his resume, I posted mine because I thought it would encourage others to do so. plus, I felt hypocritical asking other dudes to post their resumes but not sharing my own. I do feel a little paranoid about sharing the information; but William is a common name, so it’ll be hard to ID me through a google search. still wish I could censor my first name though, now that I think about it.

that’s a good question: ask my mom. a lot of this resume is adopted from my first resume that my mom wrote for me. I guess I should change that though.

But you started the thread.

1 Like

I’ve never done this before. I don’t know what your post is implying.

but please have patience, I’m a slow thinker.

Never mind, I can see that you edited your original post so must have added your resume when no one was posting theirs.

I still think it’s a pretty bold move to post your resume on a public forum.

1 Like

@Plumber inspired me, I guess

1 Like

You shouldn’t put your wage and reason for departing on your resume. Your resume is all about selling yourself. You should delete those things and add any technical skills you have. Or problem-solving skills. For example, you could list that you are a skilled writer. Putting your reasons for departing on the resume kind of casts a negative light on things.

Edit: I didn’t see your skills there at the bottom. I would put them at the top to highlight them more.

3 Likes

Wow it took you two years to get a bs. It took me longer.

1 Like

as I said before, a lot of employers have asked for that kind of information. that’s the only reason why that kind of information is on my resume. It’s true that it does cast a negative light on things, so I’ll edit stuff; but employers have asked for that type of information.

I’d definitely put my skills on the top, and see how it looks. the skills create the most positive part of my resume, in my opinion; though probably because they’re vague.

look closely at the GPA and the credits that I received. usually some employers are interested in the number of years, GPA, credits received, or area of study when it comes to college information; even if the person didn’t graduate.

Employers ask for wage information, but it shouldn’t be openly advertised on your resume. Just fill it in on job applications. You don’t want to advertise yourself as willing to work for so little.

2 Likes