Schizophrenia.com

Should exercise more, but don't feel like it

I am in the process of losing some weight, at least five kilos. I ride my bicycle every day, which is good, but otherwise I feel lazy and I do not do other exercising such as pushups. I do not go to any gyms, because I feel uncomfortable. I have started following my own diet, but still it is difficult to lose weight. How could I motivate myself to do more exercising?

See it as bringing your life to its natural conclusion. Once you know you own your destiny it will be much easier. Or put more plainly use visualizations.

Entice yourself in 5 minute increments. Tell yourself, walk 5 minutes then stop and do whatever you want for the next half hour.
To me, the hardest part is to get moving.

What about bicycle riding, does that count as exercise?

I designed a bicycle gearbox that always sets one peddle leaning 15 degrees forward when the opposite peddle is at the bottom position. This way there is no time in which you are left with a peddle at the usual top position where downward pressure is completely ineffective.

This approach is great for mountain bikes.

Under normal circumstance you have to kind of coast as pass by this area of inefficiency.

What type/brand of bike do you ride?

I think the ideal thing is to try to get someone else to excercise with you so you are both helping each other to stay motivated. Plan a time every day or two to meet and do a little exercise. Keep it easy so that you don’t get discouraged - start with 5 or 10 minutes and then slowly increase it.

1 Like

Jupiter, in the past 12 years I have had at least four bikes, this bike I have had over two years.

You ride like a zillion miles on your bike everyday - this is exercise to the extreme! It takes me a lot of mental preparation just to get motivated enough to walk 10 minutes or so on the treadmill - I would be very satisfied with your achievement, it seems like you have plenty of motivation to ride and move around :bicyclist:

fat around the stomach usually indicates that maybe you are eating too many bad carbs or sweets, its the diet you may have to watch you are already exercising

Bike riding should burn the fat. Stomach is hardest to lose though… Try doing some sit up or crunches at home too, that will tighten and develop the abdominal muscles. Maybe more bike riding as you said, since you were thin before when you rode a lot

I have a muffin top (stomach fat) too. When I was in the hospital a personal trainer told me that cardio was the only way to get rid of it. I don’t think I’m supposed to get over heated on my meds. Even so I’m going to try: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shaun-Ts-Hip-Hop-Abs-DVD-Box-Set-NEW-Complete-Beachbody-Workout-Exercise-/131222169727?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item1e8d73687f