I hate exercising, but do it anyway

Any one here hate exercising, but does it anyway because of weight or health reasons? I really hate to walk and I find lifting a bit dull, but I do it to try to keep in shape. I have to really force myself to do it. I think its a combination of my negative symptoms, depression and fatigue from the sedating meds I take that makes it difficult to get up and go
:walking: :expressionless:

1 Like

I don’t like exercising myself but have found a good way to get in a jog once or twice a week. I go to daily Mass and have started running to church and back. I basically get a 1 km round trip in. It does good for me and my fitness has improved.

Another good way to improve fitness, is to walk instead of the bus. Ive started doing that and basically walk the 4 kms I need to walk to get to town.

1 Like

I have diabetes and exercising is good for me. Today I rode my bicycle 20 kilometers. I ride often to one grocery store on another side of the town, buy food, put it to my backpack and ride back to my place. For this I got a new backpack today at one flea market.

1 Like

What keeps me going to the gym is the social life there. I think my fear of people is a lot physical, and with everyone working out they are physically busy, too busy to be a threat to me.

1 Like

In my little town people are probably used to seeing me riding my bike. I wear a big black fur hat almost always. When I am riding my bicycle I see some friends of mine and I stop to chat with them occasionally. I am used to seeing little stores in the town and I could probably count how many grocery stores, flea markets and other places there are just by using my memory. For example, there are 11 places selling old items such as clothes, furniture and so on. My little town has just 22000 people.

1 Like

It’s hard to get up and keep going. It really is not as easy as people make it sound. But once you get going… does it feel a little easier?

What helped me in an odd way, for a while was a bit of my paranoia. I did go to my kid sisters pool a lot. I used to do that as a way to keep on eye out for danger and since I can’t just stand there and stare at her while she teaches, I would go swim.

Plus I always feel safe in the water. I don’t know why, but I just feel better in water then on land. That also helped me keep swimming.

1 Like

I drink two scoops of C4 before working out. That’s 260mg of caffeine and a bunch of other stimulants. Its like two monster energy drinks basically. I dont event think about working out with it. I fall asleep halfway through the day if I dont have coffee or take C4 and workout.

Yeah I drink tons of coffee now :astonished:

1 Like