I finally did it

I joined the gym. The condition of my body is getting worse and worse. I’m not going to say how much I weigh but at this point it’s the most I’ve ever weighed. I’m not flexible at all and get short of breath very easily so doing daily things has been getting harder and harder. But today I signed up and was able to do the seated stepper for 15 minutes and the six groups of weights for 1 repetition each. It’s not much and much less than I could do 6 months ago. I’ve been so disgusted with how fat I am that I think that will serve as motivation to go everyday. I’ve been sad recently thinking “how can Jason love me when I look like this?” He’s a big guy so he just says “look at me!” He wants to join too once he gets some money so it’ll be something we can do together. Tomorrow I meet with a trainer at the gym to re-evaluate what I can do and how many pounds the weights should be. Any suggestions to keep my motivation up? :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

Push yourself until you get addicted to the experience. Make sure you appreciate the work you done when you’ve done it. Get addicted to that frame of mind too.

Keep at it. It’ll be super good for you.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say, Yes, Goin’straight for Weights! Ice skaters keep tone and in strength using weights. The body loves this type of exercise!! You won’t be losing water like you would be on one of those awful diets.

I do not know how much weight you need. I do know that you have to look at results down the road. It took me 6 months in martial arts to be able to do the Spread Eagle stretch.

Oh. And when you are sore, stretch.

1 Like

Make it a lifetime thing.

1 Like

Thanks Bryan!! I’ve done it before. In my mid twenties I lost 80lbs. I started walking but I did it for my dog who was overweight. Hopefully I can get “addicted to the experience.” :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Yes, gym is a great experience. I’m only not going now because I’m snowed in with a dead car battery and I miss it. To motivate, try a little socializing with the other members. We talk while we exercise which is even more challenging.

3 Likes

keep your sessions to just 15 minutes e.g 10 minute run and 5 minutes on wieghts…
this way it is achievable, it does not take long, not too demanding etc…and you can do it everyday.
have a good coffee afterwards ( after your heart calms down ) for a treat.
take care :alien:

3 Likes

Yep. Don`t forget to reward yourself!

2 Likes

Good for you @SunGirl! Exercise always helps the body and mind. I have been more active with walking everyday, and I notice my blood glucose levels drop after I walk! Plus it helps me relax a bit

2 Likes

I joined two days ago also 35 a month and they are open 24 hours a day and are 5 minutes away. I went once so far and it helped relax me a bit.

1 Like