Sexual intercourse

I just want to see how many views this word gets.

Begin the counting.

hey,

A worthy topic and I’ll add one! SEx is a great thing for the average human- problematic for most schizophrenics one feels!

Rogueone.

No, i disagree, it is the drug of all drugs, more potent than anything in a pipe, and much more damaging in the long run in many ways.

Look at china and then try and tell people that it’s a great thing for the average human being, i mean c’mon, look at china! Look at it!

When done properly it could have been a good thing i think you meant to say, but people are wildly insane and do as they please to the point of despair and agony. As if they ever could have handled such a drug.

It’s like guns, guns could have been a good thing in the hands of average people, but no, they are not, now imagine if the guns spewed forth billions of suffering people and with such pleasure one could hardly resist, all that im saying is that people might want to begin practicing a bit of restraint on that one.

I thought it was going to be a discussion about the difficulties people face with intercourse. For example anxiety or impotence due to medications etc. etc.

It used to be a tough issue for me, but I am better now.

I don’t really think of it as a “waste of time”, people who say that kind of irk me. If your time is really so valuable that taking a few seconds distraction is a waste of your time, you must be so extremely talented and gifted that every second of the day you are being so productive and pro-active. We all waste time, people just like to complain when other people “waste” their time instead of doing it themselves.

I had to do it in the military and in college, make a chart of how exactly you spend your time, every minute of every day for a week. You would be surprised at how much free time you actually have and more importantly how you choose to spend that time.

1 Like

Isn’t that the point? I do what I want with my time. If someone else wastes it then it annoys me. Just like how my complaint irks you.

If someone wastes your time it’s only because you let them.
It seems worth your time to keep replying?

1 Like

Consider your statement, you do what you want with your time. You chose to read his post, he did not force you. And then you complained because his actions displeased you, you should be angry with yourself for wasting that precious second, not pansdisease.

Do you see the difference? I did not specifically seek out the information that you feel your time is wasted, that is why the complaint irks me. It was a matter of your choice.

Don’t dwell on things, just take personal responsibility for what happens in your life, it is too easy to say “he wasted my time” instead of “I chose to do something and now I regret it”.

1 Like

Yeah, I shouldn’t have expected there to be any substance to this thread. You don’t seem to get it.

Of course arguing with you over this trivial junk is a bigger waste of time, but I choose to do that.

I bear you no ill will Mavlok. I understand your annoyance, you (probably the same as me) expected a discussion, or to be able to help someone who was dealing with a problem you may have dealt with yourself. I did expect the thread to be something pertaining to a difficulty or even an opinion instead of just a “hey look over here, gotcha”.

The point is simply it was our choice, and no experience is wasteful if you look at it the right way.

Point in case, I did not gain anything by reading and replying, I did not benefit in any way nor did I benefit anyone else. But by having this brief discussion with you it made me remember my own choices and how they are not the best use of my time. It made me pay attention to the words I bled to you and kind of put it in my own face that I am not living by those words.

So was this a total waste of time? Not for me Mavlok, it made me think about what I do with my time and how I should spend it in a better way. However there is always a small amount of time to “waste” and we should be comfortable with just enjoying the moment, however frivolous.

I am happy, I am going to study a bit today. I know I said it yesterday and never sat down and did it but today I will, this talk with you made me focus on my fault.

Be peaceful and happy Mavlok, and enjoy the day as you see fit may it harm none.

1 Like

There is none here either.

As a matter of fact this conversation has me thinking of time wasted too. I need to start work on my project again. Procrastination and distractions have lead me to put it off for far too long.

On the subject of sex, I think it is an important topic. It depends on the intentions of the poster. Hey, if a schizophrenic or even non schizophrenic can find some - why not more power to them. Sexual desires are difficult to eliminate.
Aren’t we human? Sex is not a dangerous thing for schizophrenics to dive into, as long as their is caution practiced. In my opinion marriages based on lies are very damaging, especially to those suffering from a MI like schizophrenia.
Friendships - casual sexual relations - why not, Deep seated relationships with twists and turns and no caring involved can be a dangerous thing for schizophrenics.

2 Likes

That would have been a good thread. I only had intercourse for 7 years and those were punctuated by great anxiety about doing it to the point it seriously affected the amount of time i successfully made love. Much of that stemmed from an abortive first attempt with another woman where after virtually no foreplay she opened a draw full of condoms and thrust one in my hands. I got flustered and it went limp very quickly.
Her reaction, to give a disapproving sigh and turn her back on me.

I keep trying to tell people around me that empty sex is just no good. It doesn’t have to be true love, but at least like and respect make it better.

1 Like

@firemonkey That was very bad of her. I can tell you sex isn’t always working even for married couples. If my husband is too keen he’ll go limp too. Then you just have to wait and continue foreplay.
Now we hardly have sex at all. Kids are at home all the time. We work a lot and are tired at night. But soon the kids will be teens and get out more often…Maybe not the autistic son.

My first young attempts were sill and embarrassing but as I got older and decided friendship first, sex later, I had an easier time of it. I have a tactile hallucination that makes it all the more odd in my brain. But as long as I trust the person it turns out OK. It’s hard to get to that level of trust.

It’s not all just the paranoia. It’s the lack of self confidence that my Sz has knocked me with over the years.

I wonder how many find that the intimacy involved with intercourse can be a problem.

So yeah, it worked. This thread did get my attention.

I do agree with this, respect is always important. But for a schizophrenic, and I know this first hand, getting involved in a deep relationship where there are lies involved and deception and no respect or caring can be extremely destructive and destabilizing. Sex and love have to be separated. But yeah, sex where there is mutual respect is always better than empty sex.

Incubus or dream lover thats all

The last time I had sex was just before my divorce in 2005.I have shown some interest in women after the divorce but the feeling was short lived. I have decided in the meantime that I have had my innings. So I am through with relationships. For me it would be too much effort and willpower to engage into a serious relationship especially with the negative symptoms of the schizophrenia that holds me back.