School will be my little vacation

so I have to go back to work if I want to go back to school. for a few years anyways, I figure I will work for a few years and then go back to school at 40. when your 40, parting with your hard earned money to pay for classes is not an easy sell. I already have my reservations about it. sometimes I think I would be wise just to find a decent job and to keep it until retirement and forget all about school.

but assuming I do end up going back, I’ve narrowed down my focus. either an associates in viticulture and enology at a community college in Oregon. or an associates in horticulture at a community college in north Carolina. it will be like my little going back to school vacation away from family.

at the moment im leaning towards horticulture over viticulture because we have a lot more nurseries and garden supply stores here in Indiana than we have vineyards. and it’s important to me that I be around for my parents in their later years, unfortunately I can’t explore the world like I would have liked to when I was young.

and that’s just it, it will be my little vacation and then I will move right back home.

I dunno, I think I would be exceptionally more ill if it weren’t for my pursuing a PhD. The rigour of school is really good for me, though I understand that’s not the general case for those with a sz diagnosis. Regardless, I am a huge proponent of learning! It will always be worth the money, imo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.