Sarcosine Reduces Symptoms in Schizophrenia

Does it actually work? I took a supplement once, instead I think it got me high and then had a good nap XD

That depends who you ask. Some people swear by it, others say it makes no difference.

2 Likes

Iā€™m one of the ones who swears by it. I find it keeps me a bit sharper and bit more motivated. Not a drastic improvement in negative symptoms, but noticeable enough that I donā€™t want to go without it. I sure notice when Iā€™ve missed some doses.

2 Likes

Sarcosine and Glycine did nothing for me even in high doses, high dose Sarcosine gave me headaches. Ldopa in supplements worked for negative symptoms but made positive symptoms worse at high doses. We all have different brain chemistry so what works for someone might not work for another person.

4 Likes

I feel much better now

I hope it will be!

I ordered more in December. They had delays on shipping. They said it will prob ship today or tomorrow.

I went back to taking Sarcosine. Had some left over from when I quit. I still canā€™t tell if itā€™s making a difference or not.

1 Like

It helps but I think itā€™s subtle. It definitely works. Iā€™ve also tried it sublingual a few times (putting a scoop under the tongue) and that made me hyper stimulated.

1 Like

Mine is in pill form so I could not do that.

1 Like

Is yours from brain vitamins or elsewhere?
I trust brain vitaminz more because szadmin knows them.

1 Like

They are from ā€œProfrontalā€.

1 Like

I first started taking sarcosine at 2g/day and noticed improvement, particularly in flat affect, and to a lesser extent concentration and other negative symptoms. Later, I increased it to 4g/day and the flat affect improved quite a bit, and concentration and motivation and other negative symptoms appear to have improved to a lesser extent. I feel it is worth it!

2 Likes

what did you try sublingual? was it sarcosine? Do you think sublingual had a stronger effect than oral?

1 Like

Yeah i tried the powder 1 gram of sarcosine under my tongue.
Made me a bit too overstimulated.

1 Like

I tried that, thought Iā€™d get a real boost in concentration. Made me hyper and more easily distracted. Didnā€™t work.

1 Like

Yep same thing happened to me.

I found 2 grams mixed in water really well works best. I take that in the morning before work.

1 Like

A good writeup in the British Journal of Psychiatry on how sarcosine may be able to help with some symptoms of schizophrenia.

Note: if you canā€™e see the full PDF page below in your web browser, you may have an older web browser, and need to click on the link that is labeled ā€œSarcosine_curtis2019ā€ to download and view the article).

Sarcosine_curtis2019hl.pdf (192.7 KB)

2 Likes

@SzAdmin

I do see it ā€œinlineā€ (the font size is too small at 46%). Unfortunately I donā€™t download PDFs unless Iā€™m certain of the source and my anti-virus says itā€™s safe.

Nice feature though.

I saw that issue too initially, but you can increase the size by clicking on the ā€œplusā€ sign.
It was too small to read for me as well without clicking on the plus sign.

2 Likes