Sarcosine Reduces Symptoms in Schizophrenia

No, BrainVitaminz ( brainvitaminz.com ) contacted me a while back and they are fully back in business and taking orders and shipping. I got a package myself because there is research it helps with depression and aging - so seems like something most people could benefit from.

1 Like

BrainVitaminz sent out this email a few weeks ago summarizing recent sarcosine research - see below. The are also a paying advertiser here too and have always been responsive to questions from what Iā€™ve heard.

FYI:

Sarcosine News from BrainVitaminz\ 56x56 Sarcosine News from BrainVitaminz

BrainVitaminz is back open for business, and you can order your sarcosine today on our website. It has been a difficult year for us and many others, but we are happy to once again be able to meet the sarcosine needs of our customers around the world.

There has also been some good sarcosine-related scientific research published recently that we wanted to alert you to.

See details below:

\ 650xauto

Sarcosine News

Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism & Toxicology, February 2021

Sarcosine as an add-on treatment to antipsychotic medication for people with schizophrenia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials\ 140x140

Sarcosine as an add-on treatment to antipsychotic medication for people with schizophrenia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials

Conclusions : People with chronic and non-refractory schizophrenia may benefit from the use of sarcosine as an add-on treatment to antipsychotic medication.

www.tandfonline.com

\ 650xauto

British Journal of Psychiatry, 2019

ā€œSarcosine, which is freely sold as a dietary supplement, has pharmacological activity to boost functioning of the glutamatergic N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) and hence it is a biologically rational treatment for schizophrenia. The small number of studies carried out to date provide some evidence for its efficacy and psychiatrists could consider suggesting its use to their patients.ā€

ā€œSarcosine differs from the drugs that can be prescribed to treat schizophrenia in that patients can obtain it for themselves. Even though it is sold as a dietary supplement, there is reasonable evidence that it has a real pharmacological effect that may produce useful benefits in some patients.

"It seems to be almost universally well tolerated with an absence of significant side-effects, with the exception of two cases of transient hypomania in patients who were taking antidepressants. These cases suggest that caution should be exercised in patients taking serotonergic [SSRI] medication.ā€

ā€œIndividual professionals and services will draw their own conclusions but it seems reasonable to conclude that suggesting sarcosine to patients with schizophrenia would be a defensible evidence-based intervention.ā€

Read the full article at link below:

A possible role for sarcosine in the management of schizophrenia

A possible role for sarcosine in the management of schizophrenia - Volume 215 Issue 6

www.cambridge.org

Dietary supplement may help with schizophrenia

A dietary supplement, sarcosine, may help with schizophrenia as part of a holistic approach complementing antipsychotic medication, according to a UCL researcher.

www.sciencedaily.com

9 Incredible Health Benefits of Sarcosine + Side Effects\ 140x140

9 Incredible Health Benefits of Sarcosine + Side Effects

Did you know that it [sarcosine] may improve the symptoms of mental health disorders such as schizophrenia and depression? Keep reading to learn more about the health benefits, side effects, and dosage of sarcosine.

www.selfhacked.com

Sarcosine improves Lifespan / Healthspan

Glycine supplementation extends lifespan of male and female mice\ 140x140

Glycine supplementation extends lifespan of male and female mice

In the body, Sarcosine is metabolized to glycine by the enzyme sarcosine dehydrogenase. So this study suggests that sarcosine may help improve and lengthen lifespan and healthspan of people taking it long term.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com

Did you enjoy this issue? YesNo

Sarcosine News from BrainVitaminz\ 56x56 Sarcosine News from BrainVitaminz

Sarcosine News from BrainVitaminz

If you donā€™t want these updates anymore, please unsubscribe here.
If you were forwarded this newsletter and you like it, you can subscribe here.
Created with Revue by Twitter

1 Like

After taking Sarcosine I wanā€™t to know more about how it progresses as prostate cancer.

I think youā€™re misinterpreting the science - See here:

"The authors have not suggested that sarcosine causes prostate cancer but rather have demonstrated quite the oppositeā€”that cancerous (or precancerous) prostate cells cause elevated levels of sarcosine. "

Sarcosine occurs widely in foods and is endogenously produced by catabolism of dietary methionine and choline (from membrane phospholipids such as phosphotidylcholine). To date, sarcosine has no identified adverse effects following dietary intake.

Sarcosine Risk Misinterpreted

MARCH 8, 2010

https://cen.acs.org/articles/88/i10/Sarcosine-Risk-Misinterpreted.html

3 Likes

Guys I would love to try something here with Sarcosine
Just I take Clozaril and it seems from my pharmacist I can barely take ANY supplements with it ā€¦it depresses me

Ah - donā€™t worry about it. The research suggests that Clozaril is the one medication that also targets the same receptor that sarcosine does - so people on that medication donā€™t see any additional benefit from sarcosine (from what research Iā€™ve seen on this issue).

4 Likes

Just my luck lol Iā€™m looking for something proven to help that is NOT another medication. On my list do far I got CBD oil ā€¦

I just need to calm down ā€¦without taking too much benzo. Iā€™m on very little dose and trying to keep it that way. I tried to quit it once cold turkey and eesh I thought I was gonna die. Had to take a pill to feel normal again.

Hello. Iā€™d like to know more about this, as I feel Iā€™ve had a similar experience.

Link?

Would you really trust some random person in China and them putting white powder in a bag and selling on eBay?? - Geeze - thatā€™s a bad idea. Just buy it from one of the USA providers - then at least you know its been tested and you know what youā€™re getting.

5 Likes

I buy all my supplements from iherb.com

Iā€™ve bought a few things from Amazon but their prices are usually higher. CalmAid is twice as much on Amazon than it is on iherb.com. If you spend enough on iherb.com shipping is cheap or free. Amazon has a leg up on shipping times, usually 2 days, iherb takes about a week.

What about Ashwagandha

I have scza. Been taking sarcosine for more than 4 months now. I can see the effects. My adhedonia got much better. Overall concentration and motivation is also higher. Cognitive functions have improved. Will continue with the supplement.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having trouble finding the list of things you canā€™t take along side sarcosine. I remember d serine being one of them. Is SAMe and TMG safe to co supplement with sarcosine

Anyone sarcosine made worse? I wonder if its a temporary effect. Kinda made my catatonia worse, I was freezing.

Also my jaw got locked and got stiff muscles. Weird as these are usually antipsychotic side effects.

I decided to take the opposite of sarcosine, NMDA blocker, but it did nothing either but no bad side effects like sarcosine. D-Aspartic Acid. Sarcosine is an NMDA agonist (booster). D-Aspartic Acid boosts testosterone by boosting FSH and LH hormones.

1 Like

I start to take sarcosine. I take 2g per day after 10 days
taking sarcosine. The brainvitaminz said that increase the dose over a 2 weeks period. Am I increase the dose so fast ? I want your opinion.

could someone with an access to a lab test this for impurities? itā€™s an expensive supplement, especially from suppliers known for purity like noot depot.

I tried it, on two separate occasions. Unfortunately, all it did for me was increased my physical pain. And believe me, I have more than enough of that to go around. And Iā€™m on strong painkillers. It was not a happy time. Iā€™m just reporting this as I am an anomaly. Almost 6 years and no diagnosis. Except the schzoaff/major depression. THAT was in 1990. So, YAY, one out of ???

Have a good day! :slightly_smiling_face: