Is this Sarcosine a scam?

Does it REALLY help? Can you really tell a difference if you take it? Does it work for everybody?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call it a scam, there’s some research behind it, but people reporting back here seem fairly lukewarm about it unfortunately. I haven’t tried it.

1 Like

I ordered it last week and received it quickly. I will try it and let everyone know if I see any difference.

4 Likes

My son just started on it today. My husband and I did too:)

I will also post updates.

3 Likes

It’s evidently not a panacea. For those whose genetics and epigenetics are "“right” for it, yes. For those who don’t have those genetics or epigenetics, less so or not at all.

I ordered profrontal, hope this â– â– â– â–  works

Give it a shot. I don’t think the stuff can hurt you. And tell us what happens.

just got mine in the mail, ill wait a few weeks to see how it goes then report back here

1 Like

It’s really hard for me to say if it’s working because my activity patterns are so erratic. One day I forgot to take it and it seemed like I had a bad morning, but that could have been because I am moody.

it says on the bottle to take one pill of each substance twice a day, did you eventually up it to 2 of each twice a day, for 8 total?

What I take is in powder form. They give you a little scoop that measures I gram. I take 3 grams a day, all in the morning. I can’t afford to take more. I get my Sarcosine from BrainVitamenz.

1 Like

Thanks all…

2 Likes

I recommend you read up on it here:

Why not N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid?

I’ve been taking Sarcosine and NAC for about two months. It works but barely. I feel like NAC is more effective to be honest. Is it worth the price? Not in my opinion. And the ads on this website are misleading to say the least. But I understand the need for ad revenue and I enjoy this site.

Needless to say, I won’t be spending $50 a month at ProFrontal or anywhere else. No way near a 30% drop in negative symptoms as recorded in the linked studies here. Too bad, in my opinion.

oh that’s horrible. I was hoping I would see some improvement. I’m starting it next week. I will monitor it closely though.

I’m starting it too waterway!

1 Like

I have not seen any evidence that this helps in schizophrenia. Have you seen some good scientific evidence of it helping in schiz? If so - please post links to the research.

Its a nmda receptor agonist which may have a negativ impact. To much and its neurotoxic… N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid has slightly improved my sleep and it did so a bit more effectively than glycine. Bodybuilders use it to boost testerone etc…