Risperidone induced OCD anyone?

Anybody got ocd from risperidone ? Is SSRIs helping you for it ?

I cant cope with my clozapine induced ocd anymore and the sedation and weight gain which comes with it.

I am thinking about switching to risperidone from clozapine.

I also take clozapine and have OCD. I don’t know if it’s med induced, I have major compulsions. I also take Prozac maybe it’s helping with the OCD.

I’ve always had OCD but the risperidone I take makes it worse.
I can’t take antidepressants.

1 Like

I don’t think I have OCD… although i battle with like thoughts sometimes. like thoughts that keep pushing and you need to work hard for them to go away. I take risperidone and clozapine.

I a few months ago I started to get OCD symptoms and I shared with my doc.
He said it was because of the risperidone and he prescribed me zotepine(it’s not available in the US or UK). But he wanted me to go back to abilify which I said to him that I already done it and I had bad results with it.

In the end after 1 month or so I started to feel better and OCD didn’t disturb me as it used to.

1 Like

There are mainly two kinds of OCD the usual one (serotonin deficient) and the other is (dopamine deficient). If take SSRI the usual one resolves but if the case is due to low dopamine like in AP induced, parkinson based then SSRI is of no use. May be dopamine improving drugs might help.

I also have dopamine deficient OCD and I find CDP choline useful. It helps to increase dopamine receptor density thus improving dopamine levels indirectly. Also it have a slight effect on norepinephrine levels. Technically all dopamine improving drugs will help it but some give side effects like insomnia, increased heart rate etc. CDP choline in low dose is a suitable option as it not stimulate like that of other dopamine boosting drugs. Ask your doctor if you can take CDP choline in low dose.