Risperdal Consta not available

My pdoc told me there are problems with getting the risperdal consta shot. I had my mum ask the pharmacist about it and they tried to get as many shots as they could but now I have 1 or 2 remaining and I am scared about if I can’t get the shot anymore. I’m finally stable on my current meds and it would suck that I would have to switch again.
I get risperdal consta 50mg shot every 2 weeks and i take 200mg clozapine every day.

pdoc said i might have to switch to the invega shot (not sure what it’s called again) but I really dread that thought cause it took me ages to get stable and i fear of relapse when i need to switch.

Anybody else here on risperdal consta and having difficulty of getting their hands on shots?

What about switching to risperdal pills ?

1 Like

Is there anyway you can take pills instead of the shot?

2 Likes

Yea I could take the pills, so i keep that in mind but the shot has kept me stable so I’m not sure if the pills (taking them several times a day) will give same bloodlevels like the shot does. But I’ll prob switch to the pills if I can’t get the shot anymore.
But it does make me very nervous having to switch again maybe.

3 Likes

I’m sorry. I hope things work out and they get you your shots. Hugs

1 Like

Thanks =)
Huggies back to you!

1 Like

What country are you in?

@Green I’m in Belgium

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m also taking risperidone consta. I’m in the uk, I hope I can still get the shot.

1 Like

A lot of people here complain about the Invega (paliperidone) shot. Personally, I liked it a lot. I had to go off it because I couldn’t afford it. Now I’m on 10 mg of Haldol, because my loxapine is on backorder. I hope it all works out for you

1 Like

Yea better ask your pharmacy if they still got enough shots in stock. I had my mum ask them and they took as many shots in as they could but now I have to wait to hear if they could get their hands on more of them. I had 2 left in stock but running out quickly.
I hope you can still get the shot.

1 Like

Ah here the healthcare pays for most of the costs so it’s not too big a problem the price.
You doing well on the Haldol?

And thanks, i hope it works out too =)

Always annoying having to switch meds when things are going well.

1 Like

The APs don’t take away the things I believe, say and hear. None of them do. But they do stop me from being extremely religious and sometimes strange.

2 Likes

I hope they have enough when the time comes. If not maybe pills will work just as well.

1 Like

I had good news, they managed to get 4 more shots for the comming months. They also gonna keep my mum up to date on if they find more shots for later or if i start running out. So, so far so good =)

2 Likes

I’m very sorry that you can’t take the shots because they are very convinient.

I’m on one of the oldies but goodies depots.
If I couldn’t get the depo I would go for the pills

But I would be very unhappy Because I have been on my depo for nearly a quarter decade.

:zombie: :woman_zombie: :zombie:

ZOOOMMMMBBBIIIIEEEEEESSSSSS

I ment centery.

I’m on Risperdal Consta shots and I haven’t heard anything about a shortage. I can’t take Invega shots because Invega causes insomnia and that is the very last thing I need. If I have to, I will go back on the oral Risperdal.

the shortage is over now. It was for a while but now it’s ok again =)

1 Like