I will switch from vraylar to risperdal injection

I’m tired of my parents, especially my mother, checking me if I’m taking antipsychotics as if I were a 10-year-old child. I will switch to the injectable.
Can someone with experience in injectables tell me if I made a good decision?
The psychiatrist told me that he agrees. The injectable is called ‘‘risperdal consta’’

2 Likes

I’ve been taking Invega injections for five years. Injections are great because you don’t have to remember to take pills every day.

2 Likes

Is it more powerful than the pill?

I don’t know. I took Invega pills for a short time and I felt the same as when I got injections.

1 Like

i used to take risperal consta. i liked it better than the pills. the shot has beads in it tho or it did and so the needle is thick and it hurts. and its every two weeks. dont they make a longer acting risperdal shot now?

1 Like

I’ve been on the Invega injection for about 4 years now.

My only concern is getting poked 4 times a year. I don’t like needles.

I highly recommend it cuz you don’t have to worry about popping so many pills.

1 Like

In my country, only Invega is available for 6 months and Risperdal Consta for 15 days.

1 Like

Have you been on oral pills at any time or always on invega and inyections?

cool i see they now make a once a month version that gets injected only into fat and not the muscle which hurts way less. i wish theyd had those when i used to take the shots. the only options back then was haldol shot or risperdal consta. now there are two shots ive seen that just go into the fat. if i ever have to take em again im choising one of those.

1 Like

I was on the oral pills for a few months, maybe like 4, then Invega Sustenna (every month) for 3 months and then finally Invega Trinza (every 3 months)

1 Like

Did you feel that the injectable was more powerful than the pill?

Honestly it feels the same, no difference really.

1 Like

Risperdal might make you feel like sh!t i feel like vraylar would be the better med

2 Likes

You prepared to gain more weight and become more numb? Why not try a partial agonist injection like abilify first

2 Likes

To be fair. That’s the dumbest reason I’ve ever heard for changing meds.

You need to be more assertive with your parents or simply buy a pill box.

1 Like

Sure, injections are great as long as you don’t have a bad reaction to the needle, which I’ve heard of. You should be OK though and they will most likely alternate arms each injection so one arm doesn’t bear the brunt of the needle. I take Invega Sustenna and can’t tell the difference between the effects of the injection vs the pills. And the beauty of it is that it’s one less pill to have to remember to take each day. I just get my next injection date at my appointment and write it on the calendar and don’t have to worry about it for a month.

1 Like

i wouldnt go from vraylar to respirdal. risperidone is effective but high adverse effect profile. really bad for cardiovascular and sexual functioning

my two cents is to take the pills

honstly bro if you can still get a hard on think twice

1 Like

Yes you can switch to Risperdone from Vraylar
But please keep in mind.
That it very common to get sexual side effects and male boops from that neuroleptics.
I’ve used a LAI for 27 years. But not a day has gone where i did”nt pop pills.

1 Like