Right now existence is pretty miserable

I am awake most of the night. Can’t sleep. I do nothing all night because there is nothing I want to do. While my boyfriend is at work during the day I sleep because I actually can and there’s nothing else I want to do. The few happy hours of my day are spent with him. Then its bedtime and the cycle repeats itself.

I can’t stand the not being able to do anything. I’ll think of literally any of my hobbies and they all seem so unappealing. Life seems boring and unbearable. All I want to do is sleep and dream. I guess I am depressed.

1 Like

If you’re not on an antidepressant, you could always just ask your psychiatrist for one. I read that depression doesn’t always manifest as feeling sad all the time. In my case, I described myself to my former psychiatrist as feeling numb and dead, and then asked for an antidepressant, and she agreed. So far I haven’t gotten to the highest dose, so I still don’t do much in my free time and I am still pretty uninterested in things, but I can work part-time which makes the week feel better. I’m on effexor, and I really think being on an SNRI rather than an SSRI is making a big difference.

I am on depakote for my mood. It works 90% of the time. I get way less depressive episodes and when I get them they are pretty dang mild compared to off meds. It would be nice if I never got depressed again but I think realistically this is the best I can hope for.

Have you considered Melatonin supplement? I take 0.25 mg Xanax and Melatonin supplement and sleep like 7-8 hours.

Melatonin does not do anything for me unfortunately.

I took a higher dose of my narcolepsy med and today I’ve actually been fine and awake and doing things. So maybe my doctor is right and im not depressed I’m just exhausted.

1 Like

I stay in bed all day everyday since I switched from Abilify to Latuda and now to Risperdal, severe negative symptoms that don’t respond to antidepressants, pdr said negative symptoms of sz are different from depression, different treatment. He still listened to me and tried some ad, they just made me worse, suicidal ideation and sleepy all day.

Try Abilify, its the only thing that worked for my negatives of sz.

I asked my pdr about other ad and ECT, he said you don’t have depression and there is no meds yet for negatives of sz.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.