Not sleeping

Are there more here that cannot sleep. I sleep 4 hours if I drug myself completely. Is this some sort of mania or a sign of depression? Last night I took 4 different dleeping aids and slept 4 hours. My brain won’t shut down. Also I have voices telling me I’ll die when I fall asleep. Last night I got an anxiety attack because of the voices. Made it even harder to sleep. It took me 3 hours to fall asleep. :frowning: and then I woke up 4 hours later. I have only used my meds 3 times this week, nothing before that, not since february.

I know how you feel. Insomnia sucks. I’ve had it since I was 12, and there have only been one or two meds that help put me to sleep (one was a barbiturate, and is no longer available). Myself, I only slept 2 hours last night. Frustrating. Especially since I have a hectic day coming up. I’m not kept awake by voices (but I have been in the past), but I simply do not stay asleep. ARGH! I feel your pain.

1 Like

You’re on abilify if I remember correctly. What time do you take it? If you take it at say 10pm it should help you fall asleep, if you take it during the day, it might keep you awake. It’s an abilify thing.

I take 10 mg in the morning. 15 mg in the evening. I have not had sleeping problems for two months.

How long did the problems with sleep last when you had them two months ago?

About a month. Pdoc increased Abilify and it helped a lot. She does not want to increase it more. Max dose is 30 mg, I have 25. She says I will need to change meds if this does not work out.

Try taking the whole 25mg at around 10pm. Sounds like you have a good pdoc.

1 Like

yeah abilfy wont knock you out like other drugs such as Seroquel etc.
even with Seroquel I fnd it hard to nod off but when I do it knocks me right out.
I was told my my psychiatrist to try melatonin just a thought.

Have not slept at all tonigt. :frowning: i have laid in bed pretending to sleep. Just to see if I really fall asleep. But no. Nothing.

Im fully nocturnal.

It is not good if you do not sleep, I slept well last night only to wake up at 6 am to take my meds and eat some breakfast, I have this internal clock that wakes me up around 6 am every day. I have noticed that if I have coffee in the afternoons my sleeping schedule is messed up. I hope you get some good sleep some day.

I only drink coffee in the morning. Maybe it’s another relapse around the corner. :confused:

I’m on my second night of insomnia too. Really sucks.

I slept 4 hours last night, whenever i start sleeping less than 4 hours in a row, than my psychosis is comming back.

If I do not sleep my 9-10 hours a night, I am totally nonfunctional next day.

1 Like

Lack of sleep is pretty serious in my humble opinion. It’s the weekend, can you try to get a few hours during the day? I’d make an appointment with your pdoc. Lack of sleep is a serious sign of relapse for me. It might be for you too.

Yes I believe so too. I have now been up for more than 40 hours. I’ll see the nurse tomorrow morning.

1 Like

I get nervous when I am sleepy or fall asleep watching television like I did last night and this morning. I get nervous when I can’t sleep and have insomnia. A part of me does prefer the insomnia; because there is something special to me about watching television in the middle of the night. I don’t like to miss my early morning shows either. I used to enjoy sleeping and especially dreaming. I learned a lot about myself from my dreams. Now, I can’t dream or maybe I forgot how to remember my dreams. I have become fearful of sleep. I don’t like it anymore. I am like a child as I don’t want to miss anything. Good luck in finding what works for you. Don’t forget to discuss this with your therapist and pdoc. And when things clear up for me; I shall do the same.

1 Like