Reached out to gov via foia again

Well, I had a moment of manic energy and not enough sleep. I woke up Friday at 5 am to do community service and I’ve had about three hours of sleep since then, plus a lot of caffeine, and well, I foia’d myself again freedom of information act in which you can request all publicly available data on a person or event, in this case, myself and my cannabis dui case

The first time I let too much time pass on returning the document that I needed to sign to get information on myself and my appellate case. I apologized to the feds, etc… for having to mass email all the gov agencies again, explained that my executive functioning is messed up due to sz, then re-ordered a foia on myself…then I sent them several links on some stuff that I wanted investigated, including a scandal involving police that keeps making the headlines in our city. One officer has already been arrested by the feds, but I am pointing to an even bigger, more influential officer.

I think cops are hot, I’m not anti-cop, but this one cop has a really bad past that is an open secret here

In my city, a blogger (who police think was a sz, or at the very least, had paranoid personality disorder) was found with stab wounds and burned to death in his home. He had written about police corruption of this one cop and was paranoid as paranoids get. The city ruled his death a suicide, but I find that hard to believe. I know this just might be my sz, hence the topic being in “unusual beliefs,” but regardless, I requested the feds look into those specific officers and into the death of said blogger and also into a the original scandal that said blogger wrote about that caused him to feel targeted.

So…I emailed them a long request in this grandiose “I do it for everyone, not just myself” voice and sent it off. I am now going to go through the stages of sz paranoia:
denial: the email probably won’t be read
fear: omg the email is going to get read
super fear: omg the feds are going to watch me
mega super fear: omg the local police are going to target me for harassment
paranoia: i recorded 1 car I assumed was an undercover and 1 actual police car, both of whom I saw on my walk right after I filed the foia request via email.
regret: I kind of regret it.
Doom: I am waiting for the fall out

Has anyone else reached out to government officials in a state of paranoia (warranted or not)? No need for details, I know we are all paranoid here.

Ugh. I feel hung-over on my manic, grandiose energy. I haven’t been smoking cannabis and lately I’ve had this mania and irritable restlessness that keeps making me do stuff like foia myself or start a business webpage. It’s all very problematic.

Also, I’m afraid this will get out and my new business facebook page will be compromised and I’ll fail and fall flat on my face with my art prints biz.

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have. Yes, I took Abilify yesterday. I think not being on cannabis has sparked too much energy in myself. I cannot afford cannabis, plus it makes my mom happy that I’m not smoking cannabis anymore, so I’ve been clean for more than a couple weeks, but I’m not accustomed to all this energy and I’ve been acting on it.

Thank you guys again! Other than that, I’ve been great! Been applying to vendor fairs locally to sell my artwork! Mostly successfully, too! I’ve also been making a ton of art in a creative spree. I still want to paint one painting to post here, but I need to get canvas again. I am thinking of painting “Portrait of Thy Potato” or “Great Potato Savior: A Still Life.” I have the potato as model, just not the canvas.

Are you better now?

Yes, I got sleep and now I’m in the “Doom” part of the stages
Thank you for asking!
Still waiting on the responses, though.
:confused:

Oh honey, no need to stress. If they read it they might dismiss it also, or they can investigate, but the cops won’t know the source. Try to keep your head out of those issues, it’s not good for you.

Why not apply your energy to more fulfilling causes like Amnesty International or the UN for example. You have that activist spark in you, turn it for a good cause.

1 Like

I am not familiar with a ‘foia’, maybe it’s a US thing…

If you want my hunch, I doubt that the police would send two cars, right after you requested this. I think the worst that can happen if they estimate your request confused or grandiose or whatever, is that they send someone by to check if you’re doing alright, I mean, that’s something I could see happening, but not undercover and spying on you or anything like that. More as coming to the door for a friendly talk to make sure you’re okay. Nothing to worry about, in other words.

edit: that’s if anything is done in the first place, I went to the police once in a confused state to declare I was hacked, nothing happened at all.

1 Like

Thank you for the comfort!
@Minnii I think that’s a great idea, I will try to reinvigorate my activities towards requesting the banning of restraints and also I’ll try to get more sleep and drink less coffee and caffeine.

@flybottle It is a USA thing, we can email the agency and request info on whatever. Most news outlets here will “foia” a topic, usually an event or person who normally is famous or a politician (in my case neither).

You’re right, I feel silly having recorded them now.

You did something similar, too? I feel less alone. Sometimes this illness pops out of nowhere. I am not hearing voices or hallucinations or anything, it was just this moment of fear. Thank you for your wise words!

It’s weird, I cannot undo, but you’re right, they’ll probably mark it off as just another one of “those” people.

yes in the early days of my first psychosis, I thought I was hearing neighbours talking about me through the open window, as you’d sometimes hear people talk when the windows are open where I live. But they knew a lot about me, so I figured I had been hacked. Went to the police to have something done about it. Now I take it they did not quite notice I was psychotic despite the story, if they did I would be rather disappointed in how they handled the situation (i.e. they did nothing). This delusion quickly transformed into a telepathy delusion that proved much more stable/persistent/tough to get rid of, but also had me no longer running around the city feeling persecuted and hacked. The real and delusional world became separated, sort of, though each as real as the other to me.

Every now and then I surprise myself by acting out. I thought I was past this paranoid aspect of my illness.

Hopefully, the feds will brush me off and ignore me. My delusion of persecution is dimming, thankfully, after a good night’s rest and the chance to vent here and get feedback. Am grateful for this place, as my next doc appointment isn’t for like 90 days…and I forgot to get that date registered at the exit desk, so technically I have no doc appointment…note to self, will do that monday

Thank you @flybottle for sharing your experience! It reminds me that it’s just a minor relapse that I can get over!

Good for U…
cannabis doesn’t cure Sz but it trigger psychosis…
If u quit it i will more than happy for U…
thanks…
sleep tight…
diminish ur stress…
rest live it…thanks again…

1 Like

I got a call from the US government. They left a message on my cell phone. When I saw my cell phone “recent call list” and it said US GOV I nearly peed my pants. I just got off community service and I was a wreck, sitting in my car, not wanting to drive lest I get pulled over by cops. Finally, I pulled myself together and drove home following all street laws to the t (i.e. when turning right, turn into the closest lane, do not cross a lane when turning and also going exactly the speed limit, to the t). When I got home, I sat on my bed, clutched my phone, and finally called my voice mail. It was a lady and she said that I needed to fill out form such-and-such in order for them to process my FOIA request on myself. It wasn’t as bad as I thought!

She sounded friendly and had a Southern accent, like a New Orleans accent. I feel good about my FOIA request now that I’m not being hounded, just gently prodded to turn in appropriate paperwork!! feels good!!!

THANKS for all your caring concerns, forum! You were right, the sky didn’t fall after all!

Still not smoking cannabis :+1: and I’m still sleeping like a vampire. :thumbsdown:

1 Like