Psychiatrist and I agreed that I should cut down on coffee

I have a pod machine which makes espresso shots. The shots seem quite strong. I was drinking 3 shots a day and when I cut back to one shot a day I felt more stable.

But now I’m taking 2 a day. Because one shot just leaves me wanting more.

I’m addicted to coffee ! :coffee:

15 Likes

coffee is dangerous for some of us, well for me it seems. I just drink ginger tea now

2 Likes

I have two cups of regular coffee in the morning. That’s it. Any more makes me nervous.

3 Likes

I usually drink a liter a day :open_mouth:
I can’t imagine giving it up.

3 Likes

:raised_hands:t2: I’m keeping it at 2 cups in the morning too. More than that is triggering anxiety.

1 Like

That’s exactly what happens. Anxiety city and everything that goes with it.

2 Likes

I’m considering switching to 10 mg Abilify. Afraid of the weight gain.

Were you on abilify before ?

I took 5 mg until relapse. It made me eat a lot of food.
Then I was on depot. The depot did not increase appetite so I’m not sure how I will react to 10 mg. :woman_shrugging:t2: I have crazy anxiety on Geodon.

Anxiety is a huge problem with most meds I think. I battle it constantly with abilify. Your experience might be better.

1 Like

are you still taking L-Theanine?

Yes. But only 600mg a day now. I thought I could go without it completely but I can’t. It really makes a huge difference. So thanks to @firemonkey for that !

2 Likes

Speaking of which… I need another cup :coffee:

4 Likes

I dont care much about coffee and tea

1 Like

It’s 21.40 here and I drink a double espresso… Just before sleeping. It has no effect on me.

1 Like

Does it have to be shots?
Can’t you buy pods with less caffeine in them?

2 Likes

I’ve decided to go back to instant coffee once I’ve used up all the pods I currently have. The pods I’m using are “medium” strength so maybe I’m just sensitive to coffee.

It sucks though. Coffee is so nice.

2 Likes

I now drink one cup of coffee in the morning, sometimes two cups, but no more or else I’ll start to rapid cycle and get anxious.

Going to go back to drinking more instant coffee.

3 Likes

Have you tried some tea instead?

I don’t like tea. :frowning_face:

1 Like