Post a book you liked reading

Post a book you reading

1 Like

“Palm of The Hand Stories” by Yasunari Kawabata.
“Norwegian Wood” by Haruki Murakami.
“The Sun and Her Flowers” by Rupi Kaur
"The Sun is Also a Star" by Nicola Yoon

2 Likes

I read this while off meds years ago. I can’t read anymore.

3 Likes

‘‘The secret history’’ of Donna Tartt :slight_smile:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_History

1 Like

I didn’t read as many books this year as I wanted to.

But the ones that I did read really stuck with me.

Particularly, Wise Blood by Flannery O’Connor and All I Really Need to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten.

I really recommend the All I Need to Know — book, and When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold Kushner.

2 Likes

“The Music of Chance” was nice, we read it in high-school as part of our literature studies
I don’t like to read books now, I am spoiled by instant media and my addiction to games.

1 Like

I read now the book Walden-Henry D.Thoreau and I think it’s going to be one of my favorites. I like his writing and his wise words.

3 Likes

I like Wikipedia topics on microeconomics, macroeconomics, marketing, financial accounting, managerial accounting, calculus, statistics, psychology, Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc…

3 Likes

I also liked all the books of Laura Esquivel :slight_smile: She writes in the form of ‘‘magical realism’’.

3 Likes

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28231.A_Box_of_Matches

1 Like

I’ve read many, many, many books and I’ve loved most all of them. Last night, I finished Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”. It was a very good novel. One of the best.

I just finished Mary Buffetts “Buffettology”, and “The New Buffettology”, by Mary Buffett and David Clark. I am now reading “The Buffettology Workbook”, by Mary Buffett and David Clark. All of these books are most excellent. They are about investing using Warren Buffett’s techniques.

I just ordered two new novels from Amazon.com “Lady Chatterley’s Lover”, by D.H. Lawrence, and “David Copperfield”, by Charles Dickens. I am very excited to read these two novels.

Suffer the Child was first to link Satanic child abuse with multiple personalities/dissociative disorders. The story chronicles with unblinking objectivity the harrowing experiences of Jenny, and is a true story

sufferthechild

I’ve read a ton, but I don’t think I’ll ever enjoy a book as much as 10 year old me loved Goosebumps or 15 year old me loved Animorphs lol

2 Likes

My ten year old self loved the Animal Ark series.

1 Like

Ship of Theseus

I used to read goosebumps books, they were great growing up. Now I just internet read.

1 Like

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter - that was when I was 20, though.

I have not read many books as I am a pretty poor reader but can truly enjoy a book .

I loved margit sandemo sagan om isfolket.
I read all of them but have not read her other books.
Yet!:blush:

I loved reading johanne Hildebrandt books Odin,saga,Freya.

Christian Jacque Ramses was rather good too.

I enjoyed some history novels.
I read

Can’t remember all names .

I enjoyed a couple Steven king books but I do not read them cause I do not want to get scared.

I loved Lauren Kate’s book passion but it is the only one of her books I have read.
I can relate to such thinking .

I recently finished a book about horse therapy and it was so difficult for me to read.
I forsed myself to read it because it was a gift.

I try to read in Swedish to keep the language alive within me.

1 Like

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. First read it in the psych ward.

4 Likes